Do you guys bulk and cut ?

Started by MrPuppeh, October 21, 2013 · 16 Replies · 5,039 Views

MrPuppeh

The Topic title mostly says it all.

 

I ran into some bulking stuff and realized that I am carrying more weight on me and that some of the weight is fat. 

 

Today I thought that I might had made a mistake and that this bulking thing is not going to work with GST. 

Has anyone done / doing something similar ? 

 

I am thinking of droping the bulk ( gona cut back up ) and focus on the actual GST patterns and eating quality foods. 

 

I don't know what I was thinking actually when I started the "I can eat whatever I want " stuff

Joshua Slocum

No I do not. It's not necessary for GST. 

Keilani Gutierrez

I started following Joshua's nutrition advice during the workout and throughout the day, it's been simple to integrate it and the only thing you'll need to do is prepare your meals and store them in the fridge, if you dont want to spend time prepping right before you eat every single time.

so far, i've been addressing some mobility issues with F1 and i've gone up in muscle considerably...and i've only been doing F1 and H1. the only cardio i do(which i guess i could be doing more) is the ocassional soccer game, the swim at the ocean or doing forms, if i do them in one continuos circuit.

it's nothing wow, but someone like Adriano, has made some pretty amazing gains and so have others

Keilani Gutierrez

Ravn looks pretty buff and Jon has a partial invisibility cloak because he's doing assisted cross pulls and mostly mastered F1 + 2 and is on his way almost through H1, his mobility is pretty good and Daniel Burnham is another character. he's almost through the Foundation series in certain segments, like a manna, straddle planche, etc and he eats pretty frequently and reportedy has veins on his serratus. (joshua mentioned that)

so you got a range of people who are doing something similar (whole foods, frequent meals, balanced meals and veggies/ plenty of water too.)

3D Guy

bulk?

 

cut??

 

what's that?

FredInChina

Yeah, I've been doing 12 years of bulking, then I cut for 10 months and I am now back to 90Kg. :P

Ravn
MrPuppeh said:

The Topic title mostly says it all.

I ran into some bulking stuff and realized that I am carrying more weight on me and that some of the weight is fat.

Today I thought that I might had made a mistake and that this bulking thing is not going to work with GST.

Has anyone done / doing something similar ?

I am thinking of droping the bulk ( gona cut back up ) and focus on the actual GST patterns and eating quality foods.

I don't know what I was thinking actually when I started the "I can eat whatever I want " stuff

Eat what you need, but no more than that. I've dropped five kilos since beginning F1, mostly because I went from whole milk to skimmed, yet I appear stronger despite the weight loss. In my experience, bulking just makes you fat.

Keilani Gutierrez

eso es lo que hacen los fisiculturistas, ellos primero comen un monton cuando estan haciendo ejercicios para crecer y despues empiezan a cortarze para las competencias.

that's what boy builders do, they eat a lot to help muscle mass growth while they workout and for competition season, they start getting cut for competitions

ausswe

I haven't really been focusing on what I eat at all lately because of life being so busy but somehow I'm becoming more defined just from the courses and a bit of rock climbing. All I try to do is get a decent amount of found after the workout and hit my protein requirements and to be honest I'm not sure if I'm even doing that as I am guessing everything not measuring.

In saying that when I was following f1 Nd h1 along with Joshua's nutrition advi e religiously I was really seeing some amazing results in a very short period of time compared to now.

Jon Douglas

How do you even figure a partial invisibility cloak, K? :P :P

 

I don't bulk and cut, although I'm very familiar with it to fit into weight classes. It's not a priority of mine, but I'm happy with how I look.

Keilani Gutierrez

it's the kung fu, man. iron wrapped in silk. #hooah

MrPuppeh

Got to lose dem fat from me belly then !!

FredInChina
MrPuppeh said:

Got to lose dem fat from me belly then !!

 

Yeah, the next KoF challenge is a 6 pack on the beach picture! :P

MrPuppeh

Doesnt fat keep u warm for the winter? :)

gohei_
MrPuppeh said:

Doesnt fat keep u warm for the winter? :)

Yeah sure if you are too cheap to buy clothes  :P

dmcmanam

I train and train.

 

Closely related, I ignore body building concepts and pay only tertiary attention to nutrition at best.

Shia

I've also been wondering this lately. Infact I actually came to the nutrition section now to make this thread lol.

 

I used to weight train and frequent bodybuilding forums and was sucked into this method and it has just left me overweight (albeit quite strong)

 

 

I want to lose the weight slowly (no more than 1lb a week) but worried about strength and muscle loss! I'm like 197lb atm but would love to be a strong lean 165 and once I get there I would probably maintain that weight focusing solely on strength progressions