This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Introduction

Started by PrimalMove, October 21, 2013 · 10 Replies · 136 Views

PrimalMove

Hey all, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm happy to be starting foundation, working, growing an learning with all of you.

Saturday I tested the elements, and you can see in my signature where I'm at. Today was my first day of the 4 day split and it went great! I never knew how hard push-ups could be with elbows tight to the body. That goes for straight arm planks in a hollow body position.

I used to think I was pretty strong and kinda scoffed at the simplicity of these beginning exercises, but today I was humbled when I couldn't finish my reps on the push-up and incline row during my final sets.

Again, happy to be here and look forward to growing!

Keilani Gutierrez

welcome to the Forum, Primal ^_^

dasede

PE2 on SL  :o Good job!

 

Welcome!

PrimalMove
dasede said:

PE2 on SL  :o Good job!

 

Welcome!

Thank y'all for the welcome! As for SL PE2, I struggled testing it and my only issue was staying in a straddle coming up. I have no issues with v-ups, but that straddle. So, I'll probably go through week 9-12 a few times while working on my flexibility for the straddle.

Keilani Gutierrez

mmmm those are the manna progressions. he was taken aback for mastering Side lever progression 1(which is arch body hold)

Bipocni
KeilaniG said:

mmmm those are the manna progressions. he was taken aback for mastering Side lever progression 1(which is arch body hold)

Which, incidentally, you shouldn't straddle in.  Knees touching Primal!

Bipocni
PrimalMove said:

I used to think I was pretty strong and kinda scoffed at the simplicity of these beginning exercises, but today I was humbled when I couldn't finish my reps on the push-up and incline row during my final sets.

Keeping the forearms vertical is the challenging part for me.....

PrimalMove

Whoops, sorry, I'm still getting used to the acronyms. I had trouble at first keeping my knees together on the arch body, but tensing my flutes and driving my hips done into the floor really helped complete all the sets. As for push-ups my shoulders kept driving forward and triceps are just plain weak :(

PrimalMove

Just finished todays workout, SL, MN, and SLS. Friday I when i go through this again, ill be dropping back down to SL 1. I realized today i dont have enough arch for the rocks. :(

MN went ok, except for the last reps i couldn't keep a straddle and my legs would bend.

SLS was a breeze except for the mobility squats. I found myself lacking in proper ankle mobility. Other than those things, it was a great workout!

Bipocni
PrimalMove said:

Just finished todays workout, SL, MN, and SLS. Friday I when i go through this again, ill be dropping back down to SL 1. I realized today i dont have enough arch for the rocks. :(

MN went ok, except for the last reps i couldn't keep a straddle and my legs would bend.

SLS was a breeze except for the mobility squats. I found myself lacking in proper ankle mobility. Other than those things, it was a great workout!

With the arch holds, you should should only be touching the ground from the top of your legs to the bottom of your ribs.

 

Could you really hit straddle ups from day 1?  You must have ridiculous active flexibility.

PrimalMove

I've spent a lot of time working on active hip flexor, quad, and hamstring flexibility using relax into the stretch, ais, animal mobility drills, and static stretching every night.

Near the end though, I felt my knees wanting to bend and close up. Looks like I need more work :(