This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New program opinions

Started by Paolo reska, October 21, 2013 · 2 Replies · 61 Views

Paolo reska

Hi everybody :) i'm going to start with F1 very soon (pretty sure I'll do fine with 4days/week) but I would also like to add a "squat day" (5x5, on saturday)  and a set of heavy deadlift (5reps) when doing MN/PE, SL/PE and sLS/PE (but just once a week). Before warming up i'd like to do 10 minutes of rope jumping for a bit of cardio and a sprint session on wednesday.

 

What do you guys think about that? Can this "reinforced" F1 program make it harder to progress with F1 exercises? I'll appreciate to know your opinion, thanks.

 

 

Joshua Slocum

Adding a small amount of sprints, squatting and deadlifting will probably be fine. Adding in cardio is highly recommended. 

Jason Dupree

I think this is great! I do basically the same thing, F1 monday tuesday, thursday friday, and I do Squats and DLs on Wednesday, and sprints when I can. As long as you don't go overboard on the heavy lifts, recovery is no problem at once a week. In terms of overall athleticism, this program hits pretty much everything.