This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Are parallettes acceptable for sPL SE & SE>iM?

Started by David Hurwitz, October 21, 2013 · 2 Replies · 196 Views

David Hurwitz

I have cycled almost 4 times through weeks 9-12 of the last sPl prep element and the position feels very strong.  I am ready to move on after my final deload week.  

 

Parallettes obviously provide me with better leverage and balance.  Is it okay to use them, or is the whole point to become better and stronger on my hands alone.

 

Forgive me if I missed this topic covered elsewhere.  Thanks in advance to Coach, moderators, or anyone with specific knowledge on this topic.

 

 

Guest

Do it exactly as the Foundation examples, on the floor.

Jon Douglas

My experience is that pretty much everything I can do on the floor is stronger on paralettes. However, not everything I learn strong on the paralettes is strong on the floor. So where possible I'd rather train sPL elements on floor and be confident that I will be able to perform them on paralettes on demand.