Knuckle Pain from one arms?

Started by Ciel, October 21, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,581 Views

Ciel

Hey everyone! I've been lurking these boards for quite some time but this is my first post. I thought I'd ask here before shelling out some money on a doctor.

Has anyone gotten knuckle pain from one arms? It's only on my right hand, which is the one I use most for one arms. I've been doing handbalancing for years and this is the first time it happens.

Im a litle worried since I do handbalancing for a living. Should have insurance by now right?

Lol, America.

If anyone has had this happen to them please let me know! Thanks

FredInChina
Ciel said:

(...) ask here before shelling out some money on a doctor.

(...) I do handbalancing for a living (...)

 

Sorry to hear what is happening. Go see your doctor, don't wait. :)

Handbalancer

What do you mean by "knuckle pain"? Where is it and how bad is it? Wrist is so complicated anatomically that its impossible to assess on internet what might be wrong. Since you are a professional, go see a specialist or get xray/MRI. I take that you dont have much time to really rest enough, and if there is something serious going on, you have to know fast.

 

Other than that the only advice I might have is decline blocks. I dont know your condition, but at least blocks with an angle are easier on the wrists if you perform on blocks or canes.

Prometheus
Ciel said:

Hey everyone! I've been lurking these boards for quite some time but this is my first post. I thought I'd ask here before shelling out some money on a doctor.

Has anyone gotten knuckle pain from one arms? It's only on my right hand, which is the one I use most for one arms. I've been doing handbalancing for years and this is the first time it happens.

Im a litle worried since I do handbalancing for a living. Should have insurance by now right?

Lol, America.

If anyone has had this happen to them please let me know! Thanks

Why don't you sign up for ObamaCare?

Ciel
Handbalancer said:

What do you mean by "knuckle pain"? Where is it and how bad is it? 

 

It is in between my knuckles. It doesn't hurt when I grip, but when I extend my fingers upwards. But it seems I might have simply overtrained it because I took my training down a notch and it's feeling a lot better.  

I do have slanted canes, but when this started hurting I was training on the ground. I think I was just really pumped that day and worked it too hard. 

 

 

 

Prometheus said:

Why don't you sign up for ObamaCare?

Yes, I've been looking into it :) I also suspect I haven't searched enough and there might be performers insurance that I can afford.