Horizontal Bar Qestion

Started by climber511, October 20, 2013 · 1 Replies · 1,838 Views

climber511

I have been training on my rings for a while now.   I'd like to build a horizontal bar set up for my garage - no swinging work etc but back and front levers - chins - muscle up practice - that kind of stuff etc.  I'm thinking free standing made from square stock steel.  A little over 8' tall (I'm pretty tall) and a 1 1/8" piece of cold roll round steel for the bar itself around 5' long.  I'm sure others have made similar and don't want to reinvent the wheel here.  Any construction plans and pictures available anywhere?    Thanks in advance.  Chris

MattProulx

I actually made one recently of square stock steel (2"x2") 7' tall, 4'x4' base, I copied my design from this guy ( http://extremistpullup.com/do-it-yourself/ ) I used heavier steel and made mine a more solid design.