This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lower back stress with planks

Started by Bipocni, October 20, 2013 · 6 Replies · 136 Views

Bipocni

Anyone else get any lower back stress with the plank variations?  It's not much, but it's enough to interfere with my arch holds the next day.

FredInChina

Hummm... is that the planks or the associated iM that stresses your back? :)

Which variation are you on, and where in the cycle?

Guest

None for me. Film yourself and check your form.

markp

It could be that your back is arched while doing planks. Make sure to keep a hollow body.

3D Guy

if planks hurt you, then you're not doing them correctly

 

squeeze your butt, make your back flat and tighten your core....

Bipocni
3D Guy said:

if planks hurt you, then you're not doing them correctly

 

squeeze your butt, make your back flat and tighten your core....

It's not pain, far from it.  Just after my workout I feel tired in that region, and I'm assuming the gluteal tension is responsible.  It's not much, but it's effecting my arch holds the next day.

Keilani Gutierrez
Bipocni said:

It's not pain, far from it. Just after my workout I feel tired in that region, and I'm assuming the gluteal tension is responsible. It's not much, but it's effecting my arch holds the next day.

should have specified how low on the back you meant there buddy :P