This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Post Seminar Acceleration

Started by Mark Collins, October 20, 2013 · 11 Replies · 559 Views

Mark Collins

Has anyone else had a big improvement since doing a seminar with Coach? Since Canberra seminar I have really accelerated my progress. I am not sure if it is the belief that Coach instills in people or if it was technique correction.

Either way I will make it a yearly event.

Alessandro Mainente

Have  a real professional feedback can have 2 separate results:

-from one side you can correct the technique and speed up your process

-from the other you can clear up the technique and understand that you are not ready and strong for what you were doing.

nothing bad for the second thing, is always a matter of personal growth.

and this is far more productive then the rest!

mr jones

Yeah my progress has increased from both correcting technique and using lower progressions. 

Jon Douglas

Definitely. Aside from the technical corrections, which were substantial, the biggest things for me were;

- Meeting Coach and getting an idea just how much he actually knew

- Seeing his athletes and the next-level strength and attention to detail they have

- Seeing all the material put in context and how everything fits together

 

All have made a profound difference to my attitude and motivation. I want to succeed in GST and I have no doubts this is how to do it. It even caters to my martial arts pursuits. What else could I hope for?

Art Vandelay

I've been nursing some shoulder and forearm pain from too many handstands, cartwheels and support work at the adult class I go to  :( I think i'm going to cease going there for a while, as it has been disrupting my Foundation/HS work.

 

That being said, I've changed my whole way of thinking with working out. Gone back to earlier PE's, zero rest, more mobility, enjoying it more and just "getting it done" so I can move on to the more exciting stuff.

Mark Collins
Art Vandelay said:

I've been nursing some shoulder and forearm pain from too many handstands, cartwheels and support work at the adult class I go to  :( I think i'm going to cease going there for a while, as it has been disrupting my Foundation/HS work.

 

That being said, I've changed my whole way of thinking with working out. Gone back to earlier PE's, zero rest, more mobility, enjoying it more and just "getting it done" so I can move on to the more exciting stuff.

Hey Chris,

I just did the level 2 Dry Needling Plus and it was awesome. It is a shame you don't live up here I could sort out that shoulder with some needles into the joint capsule! It sounds like your body is not ready for all the handstands. How good would it be to attend a weekly class with coach.

Mats Trane

After every seminar I've been to I feel:

Inspiration

Motivation

100% confident that I'm following the right training program and right Coach!

Art Vandelay
Mark Collins said:

Hey Chris,

I just did the level 2 Dry Needling Plus and it was awesome. It is a shame you don't live up here I could sort out that shoulder with some needles into the joint capsule! It sounds like your body is not ready for all the handstands. How good would it be to attend a weekly class with coach.

Hey Mark,

 

Sorry for the late reply, been busy/trying to spend less time on the net lol. Hahah yeah, I need to try some needles. Starting January, I'll be house sharing with two other Physio's (we all graduate end of this year), and at least one is 100% doing the Level 1 course. I'll have some of the best (post workout) recovery resources on the forum! 

 

Forearms are good, the shoulder is still niggling me but its almost gone. Very keen to get back into a normal routine, especially while the inspiration and motivation is high. 

Mark Collins
Art Vandelay said:

Hey Mark,

 

Sorry for the late reply, been busy/trying to spend less time on the net lol. Hahah yeah, I need to try some needles. Starting January, I'll be house sharing with two other Physio's (we all graduate end of this year), and at least one is 100% doing the Level 1 course. I'll have some of the best (post workout) recovery resources on the forum! 

 

Forearms are good, the shoulder is still niggling me but its almost gone. Very keen to get back into a normal routine, especially while the inspiration and motivation is high.

If you want you can come up and watch me dry needle some patients and have a treatment yourself. You can be our inservice patient!

I have had some needling in my inguinal region and my hips and back have not felt this mobile since I was 14. It has really helped with F1 and H1.

Keilani Gutierrez

Mark, is this similar to acupuncture? I want to ask my physio friends for this treatment

Mark Collins
KeilaniG said:

Mark, is this similar to acupuncture? I want to ask my physio friends for this treatment

It's very different. We use acupuncture needles to release tight structures that are causing the pain. In my case I have had a very exaggerated anterior pelvic tilt since I was a child so I have very tight hip flexors, quads and lumbar back extensions. One of the treatments I have is putting the needles 4cm into the muscle attachments around the inguinal ligament, the some needles are placed to the edge of the myofascia in my quads. After 3 sessions my back, hips and pelvis feel like they are normal. It has made the gymnastics so much easier now that I am not stuck in an anterior tilt all the time.

Here is the website:

http://www.dryneedling.com.au/

Keilani Gutierrez
:o .... I would so submit my body as tribute for this type of science.