I've gone through the back lever progressions and achieved an advanced BL tuck for a 60 second hold. From there, I started working straddle BL's, and my first workout went quite well. I was actually amazed I was able to do multiple sets of 10 second holds. Well, the planets must have aligned for me on that day, because my workouts since, I've been struggling to get into position and hold for more than 3 seconds.
Anyway, in today's workout, I performed 4 sets of 10 seconds of what I guess could be called a "half BL straddle." Basically, for each set, I alternated which leg I extended. So, on set one, I lowered into an advanced tuck BL and then extended my right leg, holding my left leg tucked, and held that position for 10 seconds. From there, I just alternated which leg was extended.
Is this a feasible method of progressing? I'm not sure I really see anything wrong with it; however, as it wasn't one of the recommended progressions in the BtGB book, I just want to make sure it's ok.