Hi all,
I've been eating an 800-1,000 calorie deficit every day for the past six months. I'm approaching my target weight (woohoo!), so it's time to start planning a diet to maintain my target weight.
My RMR is about 1,950cal/day, which coincidentally is what I'm eating at the moment. However, I create an est. deficit of 600cal running + 400cal F1&H1. Which means I will need to add 1,000cal to my diet - shifting from 2,000cal to 3,000cal per day. (Numbers rounded up for simplicity.)
My question is - that's a pretty big change in food intake - would it be a good idea to build up to 3,000cal/day gradually? I was thinking about making the diet change overnight, until I realised my body would be pretty used to 2,000cal/day after six months of it. Maybe a more gradual change would be kinder to my body metabolically. Perhaps I could add 200cal/day every 5 days, so I transition from 2,000cal/day to 3,000cal/day over 25 days.
What do you think?