This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist pain during Dislocates

Started by Kon, October 19, 2013 · 1 Replies · 85 Views

Kon

Hi guys,

 

i am working with H1 for a couple of weeks now and got good results in strength/mobility and balance increase - thanks a lot! Already worth it ;)

 

Still I recognized while during shoulder dislocates the limiting factor is of course the shoulder but i also feel pain in the wrist and i am not able to hold the grip over the full ROM. I usually let go of a few finger when i am at the end of the backside part. I use a fair wide grip to allow a fluid motion through the shoulder...

 

Someone has an idea? Or did anybody have the same phenomenon?

 

thx in advance!

 

K

thenail001

Yea my wrists are super tight too... it's more of a limiting factor for me than the dislocate itself.  I think if you're causing yourself actual pain you're not helping progress in the long run.

 

I'd take it slow and stay within a relatively pain free range of motion.  As long as your getting the actual dislocate portion, you're working on your shoulders.  I'd stay within the range you can firmly grasp the bar without your fingers slipping off.  Pretty much the summary of gymnastics as far as I can tell... form trumps all.