This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thank you Jefferson curls

Started by killroy70, October 19, 2013 · 3 Replies · 451 Views

killroy70

As with a lot of members on the list, I've been have a hell of a time trying to complete straddle-ups (MN/PE2) with the full ROM from the video.  I'm not there yet, actually not all that close, but since reading about suggestions on how to slowly improve, I've implemented some of these with some success.  Sitting in a straddle and raising my legs while my upper body stays upright seems to be helping with my hip flexor strength.  I've also been straddling against a wall and sitting up while simultaneously pulling my legs toward my torso to accentuate the compression aspect.  

 

But most of all, I've really been working hard on the Jefferson curls.  While doing them, I've been intensely focusing on the "focus points," uncurling/curling my vertebre one at a time and really concentrating on keeping my hips tucked.  This has greatly improved my hamstring flexibility. For the first time in my LIFE I can fully touch my palms to the floor.  Slowly but surely.... I'm getting there....

Keilani Gutierrez

that's pretty sick, Killroy ^_^ for the wall straddle compressions, do you sit with your butt to the wall and you compress from there?

Adriano Augusto
KeilaniG said:

that's pretty sick, Killroy ^_^ for the wall straddle compressions, do you sit with your butt to the wall and you compress from there?

I think so. 

 

Great improvement there Killroy. But, If I'm not mistaken, with MN/PE2 we're suffer not just for strenght, but mobility, that it's strenght + flexibility + movement in a certain ROM = Mobility. 

 

For example my girlfriend is a very flexible girl, all type of splits, pancake, etc etc, common among ballet dancers. The funny thing is while she can maintain MN/PE2 full position with legs straddle up, she finds it hard doing the "explosive" part of the movement, actually lift up the legs over and over repetition after repetition; she of course could improve faster than me because she suffer from lack of strenght in the area which is easy to cure with just doing the protocol, but that's another history.

 

To us, zombies, still is a remedy: JUST DO THE WORK AND WORK MORE HARDER ON OUR MOBILITY.

 

Congratulations again Killroy ;)

Bipocni

Congratulations Killroy, that's quite a milestone.