Bent arm strength

Started by Alex Chubb, October 19, 2013 · 9 Replies · 3,096 Views

Alex Chubb

Definitely some work to be done but some OACs and negative hollowback presses.

Guest

Very cool!

Shia

Awesome! Can you tell me the step you took to get the bent lean to handstand push up at the start?

Bipocni

Are we the only forum in the world where someone can do a one arm chinup and complain about how weak they are?

 

I wish I was as weak as you...

Alex Chubb
Shia said:

Awesome! Can you tell me the step you took to get the bent lean to handstand push up at the start?

A mixture of handstand work, planche push-ups, and negatives with the proper mobility work and weak link training.

Bipocni said:

Are we the only forum in the world where someone can do a one arm chinup and complain about how weak they are?

 

I wish I was as weak as you...

Thank you! Haha I watch a video of Alexander Balandin every morning so I tend to feel weak.

Keilani Gutierrez
Alex Chubb said:

A mixture of handstand work, planche push-ups, and negatives with the proper mobility work and weak link training.

Thank you! Haha I watch a video of Alexander Balandin every morning so I tend to feel weak.

keepin things in perspective :P
B1214N

Were those OACs done from a dead hang or not? Either way, it's very nice! Can you also record a video of the partial reps of the sideways OAFL rows that you've done before? I believe those should be harder and way more impressive than OACs. I don't think there are any videos of the sideways OAFL rows, but I heard John Gill could do it.

Alex Chubb
B1214N said:

Were those OACs done from a dead hang or not? Either way, it's very nice! Can you also record a video of the partial reps of the sideways OAFL rows that you've done before? I believe those should be harder and way more impressive than OACs. I don't think there are any videos of the sideways OAFL rows, but I heard John Gill could do it.

Yes dead hang. I do a lot of one arm hanging work lately (just got an aerial rope) so it's gotten easier. I'll give it a try. I haven't done it in a long time.

Jono

Very nice!

 

Can you do OAC from a 2-3 secs dead hang? I can only do this variation with an OAP grip... but with OAC, I'm not quite strong enough - I can only do it with a brief hang like the way you did it. I think it's because my biceps are weak relative to my brachialis :P Can't quite figure it out!

 

That climber's OACs are ridiculous though!

Alex Chubb
Jono said:

Very nice!

 

Can you do OAC from a 2-3 secs dead hang? I can only do this variation with an OAP grip... but with OAC, I'm not quite strong enough - I can only do it with a brief hang like the way you did it. I think it's because my biceps are weak relative to my brachialis :P Can't quite figure it out!

 

That climber's OACs are ridiculous though!

Yes I can. I work a lot of hanging. My wife and I even have an aerial rope we play on pretty often and for a while, I was getting in weekly bouldering sessions. I actually use one arm hangs as a stretch lately. I can almost do a OAP. I can get my eyebrows to the bar. So close! Awesome to hear that you can do one!