What is the next dip progression after XR Bulgarian Dips?
I can do 3 set of 5 reps, should I increase the number of sets or reps? Should I start using a weight belt? Possibly try doing dips in a L Sit?
What's next?
Thanks to all!
Started by Guest, February 23, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,993 Views
What is the next dip progression after XR Bulgarian Dips?
I can do 3 set of 5 reps, should I increase the number of sets or reps? Should I start using a weight belt? Possibly try doing dips in a L Sit?
What's next?
Thanks to all!
I would do rings turned out dips (palms facing forwards the whole time) and start leaning forward as far as possible.
Anothermartini - I ran into the exact same issue. I progressed to bulgarian XR dips and have since moved on to rings-turned-out dips. For me, the increase in difficulty was pretty huge, meaning I have yet to complete one full rep with the rings turned out the entire ROM.
I'm thinking that I'll try to progress by beginning with RTO-dip static-holds for 3 positions - the top, middle, and bottom. From there, once I'm able to hold each position for a certain amount of time, I'll move to RTO dip negatives. Any comments?
That does sound like a huge jump in difficulty...RTO Dips sound similiar to XR Pseudo Planche Pushups, which I'm currently struggling with, however more vertical and with full body weight..
Yeah, today was my horizontal-pushing FBE day, and I've been doing pseudo planche pushups with my feet elevated, hands on the floor. Last week I performed 4 sets of 10 reps and thought I should move to XR PPpushups, so today I tried them out. Dear god they're hard. When trying to keeps the rings in line with my hips I couldn't stop my arms from shaking. There are going to take some work...