This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

I need you friend!

Started by Riku Calderón, October 16, 2013 · 13 Replies · 304 Views

Riku Calderón

Ok. So I proke my index finger yesterday. I was sparring MMA and 3 fingers in my left hand did hyper extend at the middle joint. There were lot of popping and pain. There still is some. The good thing is that only one broke.

Now to my question. I normally do 3 times F1 and 3 times H1 in the morning. And i do my MMA and jiu jitsu 6 times a week in the evenings.

Now i cant do my evening stuff and dont want to only go to do kicks and mobing drills. I get so mad that i can not pertisipate so its bestto do only GB for now.

What is your rocommendation to do next 4 weeks that i am off from my normal schedule?

Shoud i do extra mobility elements from the hardest parts of F1 and H1 and some running or something. How much IM can one do before it is too much?

And also one thing. I can not do RC stuff now. I think i just skip micro sycle and repeate the last micro of PE1 when i can pull (grab) again. Do i get balance issues if i push and dont pull in a month? RC is the only one i can not do now.

Thanks for the support!!

Keilani Gutierrez

oh ouch, finger injuries are a bummer :/ hope you recover soon and well, my dude!

i guess just focus on the mobilty you can focus on. hips, hamstring, calves, etc, anything that won't put your fingers in jeopardy

FredInChina

Sorry to hear about your injury RIQC.

It seems like a good time to rest and work on rehab/prehab of bits and pieces you tend to neglect in the main stream.

Eat well, sleep well, & let your body work its magic. :)

Riku Calderón

Thanks Keilani!

 

I Think im good for the other 6 PEs than RC. Today I still skipped my work in the morning. I need the test everything in my own pace in the evening. I did test the push ups. They were good when done in the heel of the palm.

 

It´s going to be good. Just want to make the best I can in GB for now. IM IM and more IM

 

I still have 3 times a week our MMA beginners class. Thats gonna be fun to coach with this :( 

Riku Calderón

Thanks Fred!!

FredInChina

You could try to do your push ups on wood blocks, that may help.

In any case, t'is not a race... :P

 

 

:D

Riku Calderón
FredInChina said:

You could try to do your push ups on wood blocks, that may help.

In any case, t'is not a race... :P

 

 

:D

True  :unsure:

Jon Douglas

Man, that sucks. Heal fast.

As above, train what you can, but be very careful not to put pressure where it doesn't belong. Best of luck.

LateStarter@46

Bad luck RiQC - I hope it heals fast. Stop hitting people!

 

You could use the opportunity to do holds, holds, and more holds  :)

Riku Calderón

Ahh... The mighty holds. True that!

I actually dident hit :) i "blocked" :D

Keegan Y

Sorry to hear RiQC, finger injuries suck; had my thumb snapped a bunch of years back while rolling.

IME as long as you avoid any exercises which force you to grip or support yourself on your fingers/hands, you should be fine. The suggestion to focus heavily on mobility work is another great use of the time and energy that you would have put into RC (and maybe sPL and HBP) work.

In terms of teaching MA stuff, this should give you a chance to really, really focus on technical refinement or utilizing no arms or one arm techniques. Check out the Pedro Sauer Pass or Saulo Ribiero's standing no Gi guard pass for some very effective guard passes which require one or no arms to perform.

Good luck

Riku Calderón

Thanks Keegan!

I have desided to only go to teach for these 4 weeks. Have not have total brake in 6 years. Now it is the time. This summer was bad on injuries, but i still where in the gym every evening. I think that my mind will thank me for this :)

Now just the GB

FredInChina
RiQC said:

(...) I actually dident hit :) i "blocked" :D

 

Block kicks with closed hands...  :facepalm: 

Train with a dime in the fist and don't lose it! :)

 

How is your injury healing Riqc?

Riku Calderón
FredInChina said:

Block kicks with closed hands...  :facepalm: 

Train with a dime in the fist and don't lose it! :)

 

How is your injury healing Riqc?

It was not a kick :D

It's healing good. No pain. But can only do holds and legs for now :(