How long rest does people take between the different excersises?
I normally take 4-5 minutes and do som static streching to loosen up a little before the next excersises
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Boris Mikael Taube, October 16, 2013 · 12 Replies · 264 Views
How long rest does people take between the different excersises?
I normally take 4-5 minutes and do som static streching to loosen up a little before the next excersises
I try to rest like 5 minutes or so but I usually get restless after only a minute or two.
I prefer to take pretty much no time at all. Some combinations of hbp and spl, or rc and fl, might take a bit more time-- if they overlap a lot. Doing them in the book order usually solves this ![]()
I do the 2 day split in the recommended order and just go from one to another and it can still take me 40 odd minutes on day one and 30 minutes on day two.
agreed on little to no rest, just put out a timer and do 1-2 minute intervals and keep it somewhere around there (it's good for you and your heart)
ok. didnt find anything in the program that says how long i´you should rest.. I feel its better to do strength and mobility ellement. And take a couple a minutes break to start relativ fresh when starting another element.
If i have do it with no rest between excersices i have to go some weeks back on the mastery template, LOL ![]()
What does coach recommend?
coach runs tests as if it were an F7 template with minimal (30sec rests) inbetween elements. i've opted for 1-2minutes as conditioning for F1, i dont know if that will change for subsequent volumes (since Jon already is on that and he takes minimal rest, the take away is don't wait for too long unless you have to at first)
OK. i have to go back some cycle in some exercises if i dont rest more than around 1 minutes.
But what about drinking water, its ok to take a break to take a little to drink ![]()
Jon isnt that going to be very much endurance and not very strenght?
Also if i dont have any rest between the exercises i think the last exercises (RC) will not be ass included ass the first one (FL)?
I don't think it really matters. I know Coach runs conditioning before technical training for his athletes; makes sense to get conditioning done as quickly as possible to spend more time on skills.
As you move onto the specific elements for more progressions they will branch off a bit more too; less overlap of muscles used means you will need less rest. My preference as I said is to take as little rest time as possible, but we've been given freedom in this aspect so do what works for you ![]()
Edit;
It's partly but not entirely (not even mostly) endurance because I am doing mostly low reps/hold times, for a max of 5 sets. Since the exercises work different things, I don't have any issue going back and forth.
Of course it's fine to take a moment and drink some water or whatever ![]()
Thanks, thanks for quik answer
im going to increase my rest tomorrow. Its another thing with the athlete they do condition and so other skills. But i just follow foundation. when the foundation training is over i dont move to other skills i just do a streching routine, (PNF streching and little work for my tight hips and shoulders.)
I will try to have little break as possible and just go back in mastery template if i could not master the reps or hold time. But after the SL i have to have a little break, thats a killer
i never done high reps bodyweight training so its very different. I can do muscle ups on bare on rings and som other stuff. but i have no endurance
simple, drink and go ![]()
I generally try to keep it to a minimum. Unless you're switching between two exercises with a lot of overlap (e.g. from MN to FL), you shouldn't really need much. Shake it out, grab a drink, collect any equipment you might need, and go.
I have no more than 15 seconds rest and that's just so I can grab a drink..... Should I take more or keep it as is? My endurance is horrible so although my strength is there I find the small rest forcing me to go back to earlier progressions. I do f1(7)