This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FTP pain

Started by farrarcw, October 15, 2013 · 6 Replies · 265 Views

farrarcw

Hello, I am currently working on F1 and H1 integrated.

I am about 3 months into F1 and enjoying it, so I bought H1 and am trying to find where I belong.

I am doing H1 once a week right now.

So once a week, I am trying to test mastery.

First week gained PE1 mastery, no pain.

Second week  PE2 , gained mastery again, however noticed that my left middle finger had a dull ache that didnt ever really go away.

Third week am able to show mastery of all but FTP, this causes me a considerable amount of pain. Now it is a dull ache like arthritis.

So I have serveral questions.

 

Can I move on to PE4 for all but FTP?

How much would I lose if I drop FTP all together?

I found some posts talking about making a "tripod" with the first three fingers, is this what most are doing?

Thanks in advance for the support!

FredInChina

Where in your course does it say you have to overdo it until you hurt? :facepalm:

gohei_
FredInChina said:

Where in your course does it say you have to overdo it until you hurt? :facepalm:

No pain, no gain, Fred  :D

farrarcw

I am first to admit I was overly enthusiastic with my training, but I did think my questions were legitimate.

Can someone help me with them or help me understand why they dont deserve a reply?

Here they are again:

Can I move on to PE4 for all but FTP? I cant seem to find if the all the wrist work is tied together, and if that is tied to the level HS PE/SE work.

I found some posts talking about making a "tripod" with the first three fingers, is this what most are doing?

Thanks in advance!

Keilani Gutierrez

yes, you can move on from the PE's you prove mastery for.

 

what you should do is: 

 

1. look at the video. 

2. replicate the video ( we all come from different nationalities, so our euphemisms are a little different when we say certain things) 

3. your fingers will be straight and your palm will be flat on the ground. 

4. keep your fingers straight and Hinge from the wrist while making a base with the pads of your 3 fingers. 

5. unhinge- with your palm/fingers straight(never let your fingers arch or pike, it says this in the course)

6. repeat for reps

 

 

the reason the guys didn't answer the nature of your question, not your question per ce is because thw answer is already contained within your Handstand course. :) if you prove mastery for one element, you can move on. if you don't prove mastery, start at week 1, 5 or 9 until mastery is achieved. 

 

hope you recovery soon! 

 

btw, where are you feeling pain? can you take a picture of your forearm and highlight where it is you feel the pain? you can do circles or arrows pointing how it is you feel it and with a small description explaining the sensations and when they happen. 

john_c

Maybe go back PE's on the FTP and find one you can do without pain. Maybe even start again on PE1 week 1.

I only use three fingers anyway. My pinky is too short too reach and because I do them against a solid surface my longest finger has to bend a little so I can get all three supporting my weight. 

farrarcw

Want to thank folks for the replies, here is what I intend to do.

 

stretches 1, 2, 3 ,4

then

WP/PE3 - week 9

FKP/PE3 - week 9

WR/PE3 - week 9

FTP/PE1 - week 1 (I will start this when knuckle pain subsides, and work through it completely.)

 

Above as giant set with dislocates in between sets.

 

HS/PE4 test for mastery

HS/PE4>IM  test for mastery

 

From what I understand this is a legitimate way to work the program.

Is this correct?