This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 with other activities – when?

Started by OMGpumas, October 15, 2013 · 4 Replies · 211 Views

OMGpumas

How best to balance F1 with other physical pursuits? I love F1, but I'd also like to keep some rock-climbing and parkour in my life. For scheduling reasons, I'd like to do the climbing or parkour on the F1 rest days. (Otherwise the workouts start getting long enough to interfere with other responsibilities.) But might this interfere with rest and recovery? Would it be better to keep the activity clustered together with the F1 work on "workout days" and keep the rest days purely for recovery?

Keilani Gutierrez

I've opted to do F1 in the morning (on a 4day split) and just do whatever i please in the evening. 

 

if it's martial art oriented, i'd keep it on non-redundant days (work horse stance on leg days, arm drills on upper body days, footwork on leg days) 

 

if it's rock climbing, i'd do it on pulling days. parkour = i'd say leg days (but there are actual tricksters here, so it'd be better to get feedback from them :) ) 

Joshua Slocum

It will not interfere with rest and recovery so long as you're not doing more strength training in the additional activity.

OMGpumas

Thanks, you two. Good to hear.

Riku Calderón

Im with the guys! Do youd F and then whatever not pure strenght when ever.

I do F in the morning and rest in evenings