Paralette Height for Planche practice

Started by jwalker497, October 14, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,553 Views

jwalker497

Which height would be better for practicing the planche with paralettes a taller set like 12 inches or smaller set like 5-6inches?  Im asking because in order to get into the planche, I grab the bars lean forward and try to bring my knees in, lift off the gorund and hold it.  Im wondering if that would that be easier or harder with a taller set or paralettes or ones closer tot he ground?  I have acces to both so im wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.  Thanks

Cody

For static holds the ones really close to the ground are the best, but for push-ups you need tall ones for tuck and adv tuck.

jwalker497

Another question.  Which is the better way to get into the Tuck Planche Position.  Should I lean into the PL by grabbing the paraleetes hunched over and lean into the hold.  Or should I use higher paralettes like parallel bars and start from a support position and press up into the hold?  or both?

Christian

Lean into it.

Cody

Right now, you'll want to lean into it. Later you can press up into it maybe after you have a straddle or full planche.