This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Cossack form check

Started by kimura, October 13, 2013 · 13 Replies · 376 Views

kimura

Hey guys, I wanted to see how my Cossacks look. I realize the first few were a little off, my feet weren't positioned properly. For an accurate assessment pay more attention to the later ones. Thanks!

http://youtu.be/sA_EbE6I6X0

Andre737

Looks good!Good ROM,straight upper body and good ankle flexibility!

kimura

Thanks for the reply!

Joakim Anderson

Looks good to me. How far have you come in sets/reps?

kimura

4 sets of 10 reps feels easy to me and I'm about to start week 11, I imagine that will be no problem. I wanted to do a micro cycle of Cossacks though because the twisting squats gave me trouble at first, feet getting caught on the ground during the twist due to friction.

m6shifter

easier to twist with socks on. And thats on carpet. I dont know about a exercise mat though if barefeet or socks work best.

Riku Calderón

Really nice!

kimura

Thanks!

Hmm I will have to try the socks during twisting squats, the feet getting caught is annoying but I am getting better at keeping a smooth continuous motion. I hardly think feet getting caught on the floor would prevent mastery, I do the squats themselves just fine, with good control and tempo. But I'll do a video of them to be sure. Thanks again! Love this community

FredInChina

Looking great Kimura :)

kimura

Thanks Fred!

Does anyone get a little tired in their lumbar extensors during this exercise? I think it's because arch body holds come first.

Honestly I feel like twisting squats are harder than the Cossack squats, anyone else feel the same? Anyway here are my twisting squats if anyone wouldn't mind taking a quick look!

http://youtu.be/v3_4m8oNVH0

thecolin

I think they look good.

 

I don't think the important part of this move is a smooth twist. It's more about lifting yourself up on the side of your foot which will start conditioning your legs for the inside squats (that's my interpretation at least). The twist is just a way of switching sides, if the twist is a bit sloppy because of a bad surface, I really don't think it matters regarding mastery.

Eric Baum
kimura said:

Thanks Fred!

Does anyone get a little tired in their lumbar extensors during this exercise? I think it's because arch body holds come first.

 

I fell it, much more on my back than in my legs or knees.

kimura
thecolin said:

I think they look good.

I don't think the important part of this move is a smooth twist. It's more about lifting yourself up on the side of your foot which will start conditioning your legs for the inside squats (that's my interpretation at least). The twist is just a way of switching sides, if the twist is a bit sloppy because of a bad surface, I really don't think it matters regarding mastery.

I agree, thank you for taking a look!

kimura
Baum said:

I fell it, much more on my back than in my legs or knees.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Which is odd to me because I've done plenty of squats in my day and never felt it in my back this much.