This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check

Started by mlaen, October 12, 2013 · 8 Replies · 231 Views

mlaen

So I finally put up a video for a form check!

 

1. ABH - I had quite a few moments with this one... Firt my legs was apart, then I realized my ROM was poor, and now I'm back on week 1 :) What do you think, is this ROM ok?

2. bHBH - my shoulders were too high up on this one, hopefully now they are better?

3. pushups - do I need any other corrections except that my shoulders are not as close to the ground as they sould be?

 

Burtchell345

ABH- Feet still looked apart, but range is much better than mine =p

bHBH- looked good

push-ups- keep  a constant tempo. You started off fast and slowed down towards the end.
 

mlaen

In ABH, my feet are together but my knees arn't. I cant get them together but I saw coachs post saying that this is ok as long as the feet are together.

Yeah, I realized I was a bit too fast while doing pushups so I slowed down

Burtchell345
mlaen said:

In ABH, my feet are together but my knees arn't. I cant get them together but I saw coachs post saying that this is ok as long as the feet are together.

Yeah, I realized I was a bit too fast while doing pushups so I slowed down

He did!? That's awesome, because I've been redoing week 9-12 because my range, do to knees coming apart, has been very poor. Do you have a link for confirmation?

Vincearoo

If you can get your knees together, then do so. Some people physically can't.

MT Nordic

Personally I think your pushups look great.  Bent hollow body hold is good as well.  On ABH you look good, but you may want to put your arms straighter out in front of you.  It is easier the more to the side they are.  Keep it up!

mlaen

Straighter arms, good catch! Thanks!

FredInChina

Good stuff mlaen :)

ABH looks good; try to get your feet tighter together; the knees will follow. Good remark on the straight arms.

Push ups look good - maybe try to "tuck your tail in" a bit more (posterior pelvic tilt); that should fix the slight arch and pike you still have.

bHBH are okay - it seems that you are trying to lift your back straight in one piece... same again: tuck your tail in and press that lumbar region into the floor

 

Good work :)