This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE7

Started by MT Nordic, October 12, 2013 · 9 Replies · 483 Views

MT Nordic

Hi guys, Just was wondering on this element what the preferred mechanism for getting back up above the bar is.  The video just shows him going down so there is no guidance.  I have been doing a little "hop" back up, but then was wondering if I should be doing a true pullup back up over the bar.  I'm assuming a little assistance over the bar is acceptable since we're just training the negative here.  Thanks in advance.  Feel free to put any other questions in this topic that may refer to this element so it is all in one place.

 

Jon Douglas

Jumping is fine, the element being trained is the negative. You will be drilling concentric pullups until you can do them sleeping soon enough :)

MT Nordic

Thanks, Jon.  I suspected as much, but was having second thoughts.  Cheers.

Jon Douglas

No problem :) be strict on the negatives though, its easy for the count to get a little quick even when you are paying attention

LateStarter@46

Ha ha, I'm such an idiot! I've just belatedly realised that I've been doing pull ups (PE8) to get into the starting position for PE7. Duh!  :ph34r:

 

Still, kind of a psychological boost to know that I can do it before I have  :D

Jon Douglas
LateStarter@46 said:

Ha ha, I'm such an idiot! I've just belatedly realised that I've been doing pull ups (PE8) to get into the starting position for PE7. Duh!  :ph34r:

 

Still, kind of a psychological boost to know that I can do it before I have  :D

No problem there ;) doing it right

Joshua Slocum
Jon Douglas said:

No problem :) be strict on the negatives though, its easy for the count to get a little quick even when you are paying attention

Metronomes are great for this.

EDM

I used to do this one with a stopwatch set at 15 s: start the timer, do a pull up (takes about 4 s), then start descending slowly until the stopwatch rings, touch the ground, restart the timer and so on.....worked very well !

IBGC

I use an android mobile app Countbuddy it's handy (think it's free) as it counts out the seconds; can do up to 60 secs. Pistol shooting timer apps are good for timing static holds (ie. to see how long you've held it) just make a noise to start and and the noise as you thud down will stop it :)

Gavin S

I have an iPhone app called Pro Metronome (free). Set it to 60, that is one second, off you go.