Gymnastics Game

Started by samtrano, October 10, 2013 · 11 Replies · 4,936 Views

samtrano

I made a gymnastics-based game a while ago and thought the people here might appreciate it

 

http://dangerskew.deviantart.com/art/Become-the-Best-294802405

 

It's kind of like QWOP in that you control the movements of the guy on the bar by using the arrow keys. You can compete by doing routines in front of judges, and if you do well you can upgrade your abilities. It's also just funny sometimes to watch the guy flop around.

 

It's pretty difficult, but if you keep at it you can do some pretty neat things

Guest

Super fun!!!!

Jon Douglas

Oh man, I'm so glad this guy can't bleed...

I feel like a monster, what horrors have I wrought...

FredInChina

WOW, with those dislocates, he is KoF at once! :P

 

 

The "in bar Weiler" allows the athlete to go through the bar! :blink:

TANSTAAFL

...all I know is I was practicing swings, the guy flew flailing straight up to grab an unseen bar off the top of the screen. He then proceeded to swing on said bar, only his legs visible on the screen. There is obviously more complexity to this game than I first ascribed.

Bro'

This is going to take a lot of practice. Also, I love how he can just back giant from a dead hang when you just hold down, left, S and space.  :lol:

samtrano
Bro said:

This is going to take a lot of practice. Also, I love how he can just back giant from a dead hang when you just hold down, left, S and space.  :lol:

Just like in real life, right?

samtrano
TANSTAAFL said:

...all I know is I was practicing swings, the guy flew flailing straight up to grab an unseen bar off the top of the screen. He then proceeded to swing on said bar, only his legs visible on the screen. There is obviously more complexity to this game than I first ascribed.

Is it possible you hit shift, letting go of the bar, and then clicked the mouse? This causes him to swing around your mouse instead of the bar

TANSTAAFL
samtrano said:

Is it possible you hit shift, letting go of the bar, and then clicked the mouse? This causes him to swing around your mouse instead of the bar

It is possible. It's also possible I didn't read any of the instructions. Just like in real life.

Bissen

Hahaha! I suck horribly at that game! Don't even let me get to the details :P

Primate

He still has better form than me :(

Arto

.