So, I'm finally focusing more on my correct posture and movements. I know I'm weak when it comes to statics holds, but for some reason the Arch body hold is just kicking my butt. I finally got my feet to point and stay together but now I'm finding my legs from the knees up to the glutes wanting to turn out and it's preventing my from creating more arch in the lower spine. The techniques I've been using for the hold are driving hips into floor along with my core, squeezing my glutes, and packing my shoulders looking up. I'm foam rolling, working on Hamstring flexibility, and compressions. Any tips would be great!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
SL/PE 1 trouble
Started by Burtchell345, October 10, 2013 · 3 Replies · 228 Views
Burtchell345 said:(...) Any tips would be great!
Pay your dues to Terpsichore and maybe Ares, the rest will come ![]()
Stretch the hip flexors and quads, tightness in those areas are much more likely to be limiting your ROM in this movement than the hamstrings (though still stretch those as well as it will help you with other exercises like the Manna progressions).
Keegan Y said:Stretch the hip flexors and quads, tightness in those areas are much more likely to be limiting your ROM in this movement than the hamstrings (though still stretch those as well as it will help you with other exercises like the Manna progressions).
Thank you! I went back through some old foam rolling and stretching routines I used to doand noticed I was skipping te quads, tfl, and it band. I redid my ABH and noticed a big increase.