This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic flexion in HS PE2

Started by DBeckerman, October 10, 2013 · 2 Replies · 214 Views

DBeckerman

Hi Everyone,

 

Just been plugging away quietly with Handstand 1 and F1 and finally I decided to video myself!!

 

But what I did notice that there was more flexion in my thoracic spine than in the video. I also need to be more hollow too with a flatter lumbar spine as that was a bit extended. So I have a couple of ideas that might fix it:

 

1) Once I fix myself in a more hollow position it will all align

 

2) I need externally rotate my shoulders (probably should be doing that anyway! haha)

 

3) I might need to push out of the hold more

 

I was wondering if I might get some help please?

 

I will hopefully try to upload a picture when my partner gets home and can take one for me. The video I took was not the best so I would rather upload a decent one.

 

Thanks,

 

Dave

Adriano Augusto

Just concentrate on be straight back and just pull the arms behind you. Be careful with your neck besides your back.

 

Star with a wide grip and with time go more narrow. You can read all the threads about it, are tremendously helpful.

 

It's a tricky PE, I guarantee you.

DBeckerman

Thank you for the advice. 

 

It is also a cue I have to give myself for my posture... even as I am writing this!