This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Three questions

Started by Burtchell345, October 9, 2013 · 5 Replies · 184 Views

Burtchell345

1) On sPL/PE1, I can't tell from the video, but do we lean forward on the eccentric of the shrug?

2) I've noticed some of the iM's are static stretches, RC/PE 1&2, and I've always read static stretches relax the muscles and weakens them pre and during workouts. Not to question coach, but doesn't this negate activating the lats in the RCs?

3) The video for SLS/PE2 shows heel elevation and the knee driving forward. I've personally made my base bigger to prevent this. Is that okay?

Alessandro Mainente

1) if you are leaning forward you are doing some elevation of the shoulders. for planche development the depression is a must, so try to avoid elevation.

 

2)muscles elongation lead to permanent elongation and loss of strength ONLY when the stretch is held for at least 45 seconds.

 

3)the heel up must be prevented ideally, to avoid it use a counter balance weight instead of something elevated under your heel then work on mobiltiy for calves.

Guest

1. No

 

2. It stretches them, which is what we are trying to do

 

3. Sure, but only a little bit. Why not like the athlete?

Burtchell345
alex87 said:

1) if you are leaning forward you are doing some elevation of the shoulders. for planche development the depression is a must, so try to avoid elevation.

 

2)muscles elongation lead to permanent elongation and loss of strength ONLY when the stretch is held for at least 45 seconds.

 

3)the heel up must be prevented ideally, to avoid it use a counter balance weight instead of something elevated under your heel then work on mobiltiy for calves.

Thank you, but as to the statics, the last time I read a report from NSCA and ACSM, I might need to reread, but statics was considered 20+ seconds, so would it be bad that I've been doing the two iMs for 15 sec static and then active isolated holds, 2 count release repeat x 7 totaling 29 seconds mobility each side?

 

As for SLS/PE2, I managed to fix this morning. It turns out I wasn't allowing my feet to turn out at all. The video shows him doing so. =)

howens

Seems to me if you lose a little strenght in the beginning you will build it back up. The program is designed for us to be strong and mobile.

Burtchell345
howens said:

Seems to me if you lose a little strenght in the beginning you will build it back up. The program is designed for us to be strong and mobile.

I don't feel like I'm losing strength. In fact on my HBP, SLS, MN, SL, and FL I feel like I'm gaining much needed strength endurance from dropping intensity and increasing the volume. I also feel with their iM and PE's, I'm gaining much needed joint stability and control. I was merely just asking the a question about the iMs that have us static stretching the muscles we are working during the program. I'm a knowledge seeker and love know the rationale behind programs instead of just point, show, and do.