This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Snow boarding trip / GB Workout balance

Started by ace77, October 8, 2013 · 4 Replies · 146 Views

ace77

Hey Guys!  

 

I just wanted some of our communities feedback on how I should balance an upcoming trip with my GB workout.  If it were just a week I wouldn't ask, but I'll be working remotely some and snowboarding for 3-4 weeks.  I'm in good enough shape to do most of the workouts along side the snowboarding without too much problem, but I might want to spend at least 1 week focused on snowboarding.  Should I do just enough gb to maintain my current level or stick to the plan throughout the trip?  How would/do you guys handle trips holidays etc?  

 

 

Thanks!

 

 

 

 

Joshua Slocum

It's largely dependent on how much work you'd like to be doing. If you're doing a 3-4 week vacation, you could just repeat the mini-cycle you're currently on. This would be much easier than going through it the first time, but keep you in good shape. You could also consider reducing your weekly volume (e.g. dropping from 5 days a week to 4), or doing just maintenance sets. If you want to spend 1 week focused on snowboarding, I'd time it to coincide with your deload week (but still do the deload workouts).

FredInChina

Enjoy your snow boarding trip to the fullest, there are too few opportunities in life to spend a month skiing. :)

To maintain your strength level, you probably only need to do the deload volume for 2 or 3 days a week; but even then, don't sweat it if you miss one day; then restart your training at the beginning of the micro-cycle you were at when you left.

 

If you are competing, ask your coach what to do.

Mats Trane

Enjoy your snowboarding!

I would spend the first week as an active rest week.

The other weeks train your weakest PE's/im's.

ace77

Thanks guys for all of the great feedback!  I will probably reduce volume as stated and stay on the mini cycle I'm on before I leave, unless i'm feeling super motivated while there.   I really appreciate the help.