This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Calories burnt in a typical F1 session.

Started by Murray Truelove, October 8, 2013 · 11 Replies · 653 Views

Murray Truelove

Title says it all, roughly how many calories would be burnt in a typical session. This is for the purpose of making sure I'm not getting too many/few calories.

Keilani Gutierrez

I'm not at my comp right now, if you search "MET F1" you'll find some posts from Joshua Naterman and a few others that can help shed some light on that

john_c

I use a HR monitor and my average is about 630 kcals per hour.  I don't know how accurate it is but it is useful for relative measurements. For instance H1 comes out at about 470 kph, Running and playing football comes out about 900kph. Walking at a reasonable speed comes out at about 500kph.

Micawberian
tfeal said:

I use a HR monitor and my average is about 630 kcals per hour.  I don't know how accurate it is but it is useful for relative measurements. For instance H1 comes out at about 470 kph, Running and playing football comes out about 900kph. Walking at a reasonable speed comes out at about 500kph.

I read kph as kilometres per hour and was very confused for a very long time...

it was the walking bit that really got me

Murray Truelove

I saw a website that says an average weight workout would be around 350 calories per hour would it be fair to use that as a benchmark? My F1 sessions only take about an hour.

Michael S.

For my F1 Split including warm up i estimate about 7 METs and for the skill work (H1 and add mobility) i use 5 METs per hour. My warmup and F1 Session usually take an hour and my skill work anything between 30min to one hour, that gives me something between 9.5-12 METs or with my RMR about 750kcal - 950kcal per workout session.

john_c
Biren P. said:

I read kph as kilometres per hour and was very confused for a very long time...

it was the walking bit that really got me

i walk quite fast but not that fast.....yet    ;)

Murray Truelove

Damn I didn't realise it burnt so many calories. I walk 2hrs Mon to Fri as well... Looks like I'm going to need to eat more.

ausswe

I thought walking was more like 200 calories an hour 0.o

Keilani Gutierrez
ausswe said:

I thought walking was more like 200 calories an hour 0.o

MET's are calculated based on activity and intensity. :)

strme

in my case milion :)

Gray

A rule of thumb should be - if you're still hungry and tired after a Post Workout Meal, you should add 50-100 more. Retest, check if still something is going on. But it depends on the body. I'm my meal is low in calories i'm usually VERY hungry.