Hey guys was hoping to get some information pertaining to my Deload Week and what assessments I should make that can help me choose to either repeat the minicycle or to move forward with the program.
Thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Somalie, October 7, 2013 · 6 Replies · 177 Views
Hey guys was hoping to get some information pertaining to my Deload Week and what assessments I should make that can help me choose to either repeat the minicycle or to move forward with the program.
Thanks
This is the way I have been approaching this. My assessment week for myself is actually the week before the deload (so week 3, 7, 11). The way I go about it this:
If I fail to complete any of the sets (having to take a break or a slow down in rep tempo) > I restart the mini cycle
If I can complete the sets with no break/slowing of tempo > I move onto the next minicycle
If I am on the last mini cycle (weeks 9-12) and I can complete the sets, but am still having ROM issues with either the PE or iM > I will repeat the last micro cycle until this is resolved.
Taking a video of yourself doing the elements and then comparing it to the athlete in the course material is the best way to really self evaluate your form. Then if you still have questions you can always post a form check on here and people way more experienced will be able to help you out.
This is just how I have been dealing with when to move forward.
Well, how did your last cycle go?
If you do not have perfect form/ROM in a movement, stay in the first min-cycle until you do.
If you failed to complete the 3rd week's programming with good form/tempo, repeat that mini-cycle for the element(s) that you failed.
Perfect.Zeclion said:This is the way I have been approaching this. My assessment week for myself is actually the week before the deload (so week 3, 7, 11). The way I go about it this:
If I fail to complete any of the sets (having to take a break or a slow down in rep tempo) > I restart the mini cycle
If I can complete the sets with no break/slowing of tempo > I move onto the next minicycle
If I am on the last mini cycle (weeks 9-12) and I can complete the sets, but am still having ROM issues with either the PE or iM > I will repeat the last micro cycle until this is resolved.
Taking a video of yourself doing the elements and then comparing it to the athlete in the course material is the best way to really self evaluate your form. Then if you still have questions you can always post a form check on here and people way more experienced will be able to help you out.
This is just how I have been dealing with when to move forward.
Coach Sommer said:Perfect.
So I take it your preferred way is to repeat the whole minicycle again instead of just staying on the one week that is giving you a problem?
What I've assessed is that I have improved each week. My tempo became more accurate, rest became non existent through strategic timing apps, shaking is still there, but takes longer before it begins.... I will take some video for form checking. Could I do it the day after my Deload week ends?