How can one train to do that? I can currently do 26 pull ups holding on to the bar with only my fingers at @194 lbs bodyweight, but I want to be able to easily pull my myself up using only the fingers on one hand like a chimp
How to move on a pull up bar like a chimp?
Started by The Silverback, October 5, 2013 · 6 Replies · 3,743 Views
Live in a tree
Drop a hundred pounds, make your arms twice the length of your legs (in whichever way you deem most preferable) and elongate your toes so theyre roughy the same size as your fingers.
Devolution is one option. If one arm chins are a goal of yours however, try the search function-- there are plenty of threads on it
Rope climbs will build significant one arm strength with a substantial grip element.
Look into fingerboard training.
After further thinking of this, I'm not sure how one would work up to one arm pull ups - weighted pullups may be useful, but there is some good advice here - . http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=858006 I think it'd be very useful to look in to rock climbing material in general for grip related things- those guys have some of the most impressive and grip power I know of for obvious reasons. You can probably get an idea of that power from the guy in his audition video for american ninja warrior - fast forward to 2:50 to see him doing a pull up on one pinky.
Seabird said:.....fast forward to 2:50 to see him doing a pull up on one pinky.....
Thanks for that. I've heard stories of people doing that before, but that's the first time I've actually seen it.