I am 5'9, 36 yrs old, I weigh 170 approx 15% BF. and I want to get down to 160, possibly lower, but I don't want to sacrifice my strength as I am still working on several goals. My TDEE comes to about 2600. i try to eat at least 170g of protein (1g-1.25g per lb) and I try to get at least .40g-.45g of fat per lb. I fill the rest with carbs.
4 days ago, I began the cut. I decided to try a 20% reduction which came in around 2000-2100 calories. So for the past 3-4 days, I ate about 2000 cals and hit those macros. My weight stayed 171 until about the 3rd day and all of a sudden it was 168.5.
My split during this was bent arm, straight arm, legs, repeat. My first bent arm workout was awesome. I set a record 11 muscleups and felt great. My Straight arm felt good but I started to feel tired later that day. Keep in mind, I get up about 3:45 am and my workouts are about 1-1.5 hrs and then work a full time job. The 3rd day Legs I felt tired and wasn't a good workout. By the time I got to the repeat bent arm day the workout wasn't good, I felt weak and just didn't have it I only did 7 muscleups and my elbows felt sore - they just weren't ready not sure how to explain it. So today I decided to take a day off and catch up on sleep.
So I'm a little unsure if my cut was too aggressive and I need to have less of a deficit OR I need to change my split so that I have more sleep and recovery time built in OR Both.
I struggle with changing the split because I really don't have enough time to fit everything i want to work on rings and body weight related into one day. After warm-up time, etc I really only have an hour. I struggle to understand the relationship of Rings work, optimal frequency and recovery so that's why I split it up.
I know there are a lot of factors here so I am just trying to share my experience and perhaps you may relate with some of it or not and give me some guidance of feedback.
PS - Please don't recommend Foundation. As I've said before, i am DOING it but since my mobility is lacking, I am using it primarily as a warm-up to work on those deficits. The strength elements are not challenging enough to constitute my main workout.