This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle-Up Pain

Started by ElectricStrand, October 2, 2013 · 12 Replies · 227 Views

ElectricStrand

So I recently went back to improve my Stradle Up form, after doing my training for that day, I am now experiencing some heavy thigh cramps/pain in my right thigh area, and doing straddle-ups is pretty painful for me.

 

What are some things to dull the pain and should I suck it up and keep working on straddle-ups or lower back to tuck-ups just to stay well-conditioned?

Keilani Gutierrez

have you tried rolling your thighs and stretching your hip flexors?

ElectricStrand

What do you mean by rolling my thighs?

Keilani Gutierrez
Bipocni said:

Well, I'd make a joke about china, but....

i saw what you did there, i have my money on them becoming the next world super power :P

Anyway, i had one more doubt, what do you mean by "going back to" straddle ups? Did you prove mastery and move to v-ups or do it prematurely?

ElectricStrand

Thank you FredInChina, and KeilaniG:

 

I was actually all the way into negative hanging leg lifts, but I decided to go back to test my form and mastery on some elements and saw that my straddle-up needed some work.

Keilani Gutierrez

did you keep some in your warmup? it's good to do that with a few exercises, it'll increase your work capacity and recovery like mad and you will keep progressively gettin better at them :)

not with all, just a select few (a straddle up, tuck up, v-up before doing HLL, for example)

ElectricStrand
KeilaniG said:

did you keep some in your warmup? it's good to do that with a few exercises, it'll increase your work capacity and recovery like mad and you will keep progressively gettin better at them :)

not with all, just a select few (a straddle up, tuck up, v-up before doing HLL, for example)

ill try it, many thanks

FredInChina
ElectricStrand said:

Thank you FredInChina, and KeilaniG:

 

I was actually all the way into negative hanging leg lifts, but I decided to go back to test my form and mastery on some elements and saw that my straddle-up needed some work.

 

Very welcome :)

I believe we will see more and more of this as the understanding of mastery gets refined......................... :icon_twisted:

ElectricStrand

True that, Fred, I moved all the way from full hollow body rocks back into bent hollow body holds, pseudo into regular pushups, (arch body hold still kills me), elev. planche lean back into scap shrugs!

 

But it's always a good idea to really master the previous elements so youll have a good foundation of strength before moving into more advanced exercises

Keilani Gutierrez
ElectricStrand said:

True that, Fred, I moved all the way from full hollow body rocks back into bent hollow body holds, pseudo into regular pushups, (arch body hold still kills me), elev. planche lean back into scap shrugs!

 

But it's always a good idea to really master the previous elements so youll have a good foundation of strength before moving into more advanced exercises

amen ^_^ we don't want to see anyone getting hurt where as they could be making continual, measurable progress. 

FredInChina
ElectricStrand said:

(...) But it's always a good idea to really master the previous elements so youll have a good foundation of strength before moving into more advanced exercises

 

This understanding comes after the ego has been destroyed :)

Congrats on your progress ;)