This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Excited to start F1, How is my form?

Started by popook99, September 30, 2013 · 9 Replies · 366 Views

popook99

Hi,

 

I just started F1 last week and it's been a blast. I have a dancing and rock climbing background and I'm just starting into gymnastics, tumbling and parkour. I noticed myself getting injured a bit too regularly and I want to use this program to strengthen myself to be able to handle and thrive in these new activities, I'm also really excited to see how I progress!

 

for sPL/PE1 Scapular Shrug

    -It's hard to tell in the video, am I supposed to be in a pushup position or psudo planche pushup position?

    -How do I not sag so much in the lowered position?

 

Can you take a look at my PE1 and let me know if there is anything I can focus on better?

Are there any ones that exibit mastery? I was able to do the mastery volume in all but SL1

 

 

Thanks!

-Kevin

popook99

I was able to find the answers to most of my questions on the Forum and edit my post. Any tips on the videos?
Thanks!

Riku Calderón

Sorry that these are just the corrections that i found hastily. Looks good in general.

FL/PE1>IM your knees shoud be straight under your hip

sPL/PE1 i dont think you shoud sag that much. (Is that correct english) and IM not there yet.

SL/PE1 feet together. IM feet together.

MN/PE1>IM look at the hand all the time. Still a bit shaky.

SLS/PE1>IM feet and knees together

HBP and RC/PE1 make shure your elbows go all the way straight

Heres a quik answar. Sorry.

Murray Truelove

Regarding scap shrugs I find tensing my glutes and "tucking my tail" help. Try and achieve the range of motion with your shoulders (sounds obvious I know) when I started I was gauging my depth with my hips causing me to sag. I do them from a normal push up position.

popook8

Great tips, thanks guys :)

~Atticus

I'm just learning a lot of the PEs, having signed up recently, but I think you are doing great.

 

My two cents are Mn/PE1>iM.  Not only are you looking at the hand holding the weight all the while you are descending, but you are also twisting that hand clockwise.  Aim to twist the hand 360 degrees.

 

Take a closer look at the video and you'll see that he twists the hand 360 degrees.

MattProulx

Also check the positioning of the feet for MN/PE1>iM1, non weighted leg pointed out and you should be bending more sideways than forward. 

kingzlo

I noticed you were going pretty fast on the push and pull routines.  I'm new to this as well and I'm going in slow motion with my movements to get tension throughout the range of motion.  Am I wrong???

Murray Truelove
kingzlo said:

I noticed you were going pretty fast on the push and pull routines.  I'm new to this as well and I'm going in slow motion with my movements to get tension throughout the range of motion.  Am I wrong???

Priority should be on a smooth, controlled motion. The online videos are meant to be a demonstration, by necessity the tempo may be slower so that the movement can be fully observed and understood. In the early PE's I imagine the variation in peoples tempo isn't too crucial, the focus being good form, active rest and control.

Jon Douglas
Murray Truelove said:

Priority should be on a smooth, controlled motion. The online videos are meant to be a demonstration, by necessity the tempo may be slower so that the movement can be fully observed and understood. In the early PE's I imagine the variation in peoples tempo isn't too crucial, the focus being good form, active rest and control.

This, with a double emphasis on control. On the rocks for eg, some (controlled) momentum is part of the exercise, but particularly for pushing and pulling don't get sloppy and use the stretch reflex to assist :)