I can't do L-Pull ups - at least not from a dead hang, arms fully extended. When I try to pull from this position, I feel intense pressure/blockage of motion in my shoulders that tells me to stop. If I decide to push through it, I can feel both of my shoulders "click" rapidly and painfully into internal rotation(its like they hit a pothole on the highway), then I can pull up no problem, no pain.
I weigh 190. My strength numbers are deadhang pull up + over 1/3 BW. 8-10 Deadhang pull ups. 30+ kipping pull ups. I can hold the L-Sit on bars for almost a minute.
My shoulder flexibility leaves much to be desired. I can clasp my hands behind my back but barely raise them, and it is an all out effort to do so. Wall extensions are terrible. Both of my arms come off the wall completely when I try to extend up.
What's going on here??? Flexiblity? Strength imbalance? I'm concerned about the "click". No shoulder injuries to speak of in my history. If it is flexibility, my guess is that my shoulders are not use to being in an externally rotated position, as in the bottom hang of a L-Pull Up. Because I'm right up on the edge of my external rotation flexiblity for my shoulder, my pulling strength is sapped some how.
any ideas or thoughts would be most helpful!
xx