gohei_ said:No soup for you!
![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by emilianop, September 30, 2013 · 35 Replies · 989 Views
gohei_ said:No soup for you!
![]()
FredInChina said:Singing for pigs...
I got pearls before swine...but that's still a stretch.
FredInChina said:
I hope you got my Seinfeld reference ![]()
And now I'm ruining my joke explaining it ![]()
Quick update on this one.
I rebooted the last microcycle 100% as the program says, no added work, no changes.
Yesterday I did my first day of week 11 and was able to do 5X60" with arm pointing up.
I just noticed a bit of arching at the end of the last set, so, based on how it goes with the rest of the week I might want to redo the same microcycle again just to clean it better.
As a side note, a month ago I also changed type of workout: before I was doing F1 4days/week, but FL was happening only twice, while now I switched to 3DayHSInt, where F1 is trained 3 days/week, but each exercise is worked 3 times. Much better results overall and recovery is not a problem.
So, long story short, stick with the program, don't get funny ideas! ![]()
maolu said:Quick update on this one.
I rebooted the last microcycle 100% as the program says, no added work, no changes.
Yesterday I did my first day of week 11 and was able to do 5X60" with arm pointing up.
I just noticed a bit of arching at the end of the last set, so, based on how it goes with the rest of the week I might want to redo the same microcycle again just to clean it better.
As a side note, a month ago I also changed type of workout: before I was doing F1 4days/week, but FL was happening only twice, while now I switched to 3DayHSInt, where F1 is trained 3 days/week, but each exercise is worked 3 times. Much better results overall and recovery is not a problem.
So, long story short, stick with the program, don't get funny ideas!
The 3x a week can get pretty demanding as the exercises get more complex; more power to you if you can handle it, but don't be afraid to dial it back down a little either if necessary ![]()
Sure will do!
At the moment I'm on 3 days/week of full F1 training (all six exercises in a row) plus 2 days of other stuff (mostly chinese wushu training, to get the legs going).
Weekends are "total rest no matter what", it's been more or less a month I've been doing this and so far it's working fine.
Will see how it goes with harder drills, thanks for the tip!
Well... after *SIX* months+, finally today I mastered this one!!!
I might have been over-picky on it maybe, but I reckon it's worth it. It's such a fundamental drill that I think I'll keep on doing some HBH set every day for the rest of my life.
Will attempt to repeat it in a couple of days, then -hopefully- to the rocks!
(am I supposed to expect MORE pain?
)
maolu said:Well... after *SIX* months+, finally today I mastered this one!!!
I might have been over-picky on it maybe, but I reckon it's worth it. It's such a fundamental drill that I think I'll keep on doing some HBH set every day for the rest of my life.
Will attempt to repeat it in a couple of days, then -hopefully- to the rocks!
(am I supposed to expect MORE pain?
)
Yes, roughly twice the pain ![]()
Nice work maolu!
I got this one mastered after 8 months or so. It was very hard to improve at one point but in the end got from 5x36 to 5x60 pretty fast. For me tensing my glutes and back really helped to keep the position longer. Also my shoulders were too high at first.
Started HBR at 4x36 a few weeks ago. Doing the rocks you can really feel it when you lose form. Noticed also that my upper back was not rounded enough, but the rocks fixed that already ![]()
Got 48,48,40,29 last HBR session. Shouldn't take 8 months to master the rocks ![]()
Twice the pain sounds a bit extreme... I hoped for this system to get logarithmically harder, not exponentially! ![]()
Yep, JukkaL, it took six months to me after I first opened this thread, so for sure more than that if I count the total time.
My main weak point is (was) the lower back not sticking flat to the ground 100%, as soon as I get tired that's the first spot giving up.
Once you develop a bit of sensitivity for that posture is pretty frustrating... ![]()
Ravn said:Yes, roughly twice the pain
oki, can confirm that now ![]()