This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 cycles and other workouts

Started by emilianop, September 30, 2013 · 2 Replies · 102 Views

emilianop

Hi all,

 

  I was wondering what's the best way of incorporating other types of workout with F1/H1.

Say for example I want to spend a couple of days a week " mostly on lower body", involving a schedule that takes into account for growing volume/intensity as I go by.

Say, for convenience, I want to make it of 12 weeks macro cycles, where would it be better placed with regards to F1's macro cycles?

 

Specifically:

1- when F1 gets intense, the other workout does too. I end F1's 12 weeks at the same point and the other one's 12 weeks.

 

2- I interleave them, so that I start the other workout at around week6 of F1, when F1 gets tough the other one is just ramping up, when the other one gets though, I'm in the first half of F1.

 

3- avoiding an additional workout made of exactly 12 weeks, tailor it to something shorter-longer and accept the fact that sooner or later they might be overlapping in terms of load/deload

 

This is not about micro-cycling and deloading every 4th week, it's more about the 12-week period.

Does it make sense?

Thanks for your help!

Joshua Slocum

Keep in mind that as you progress through F1, not all elements will stay exactly in sync. You'll find that at times, the best course of action is to repeat or skip micro-cycles in one element, but not in others. So you may end up at some point with some elements in week 3, others in week 7, and some in week 11. Plan around 4-week cycles of progressive overload followed by deload. 

 

To keep things simple, I would begin by planning your lower-body workouts around a similar 4-week cycle, keeping the deload week in sync with F1/H1's. 

emilianop

Right, I didn't consider they might (will) get out of sync.

You're right, I'll do with 4-weekc cycles and that's it.

 

Thanks Joshua