This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mn/Pe-im

Started by ChrisUK, September 29, 2013 · 9 Replies · 261 Views

ChrisUK

Hey guys,

 

I do not have access to stall bars, and I currently do not have the funds to buy the raw materials to build my own. (I've heard somewhere in the range of $60-$100 worth of materials?)

 

So, with that in mind. Does anyone have an alternative way for me to vertical pike walks? I am unsure what to do here, because I can do the PE, but I do not know if I can do the vertical pike walk through like of equipment to try it out on.

 

Thanks,

 

Chris!

Guest

Railing perhaps.

gohei_

I have a hard time believing it is that expensive for a pair of stall bars. I bought mine for 200sek, that's probably something like 20 dollars or so. Check the used stuff market, mine was used and it looked really nice.

Joakim Anderson

gohei_, where did you find them? In a flea market or online or what? 200 sek sounds good. :)

Joshua Slocum

Find a ladder on a playground. They're generally built pretty sturdy, and are held in place.

gohei_
Joakim Anderson said:

gohei_, where did you find them? In a flea market or online or what? 200 sek sounds good. :)

I found them on Blocket.se  :)  It was even in my own home town so I got real lucky. It is a two section piece though but still really cheap.

 

Edit: before I say to much though; I haven't installed them yet and thus I havent tried them out so I have no idea of the quality of it.

ChrisUK
Joshua Slocum said:

Find a ladder on a playground. They're generally built pretty sturdy, and are held in place.

That's a good idea, they should easily take my weight. (I am a mere 120lbs at the moment)

ausswe

I was looking at stall bars in Sweden and it seemed to be a pretty common thing and was much cheaper than here in Australia. Ashame I couldn't bring hem with me :(

Jon Douglas
ausswe said:

I was looking at stall bars in Sweden and it seemed to be a pretty common thing and was much cheaper than here in Australia. Ashame I couldn't bring hem with me :(

Man, isn't everything? >.<

I'm still trying to buy a climbing rope here because even with shipping I'll still come out way ahead.

ausswe

Haha yea my friends and I would order climbing gear from the states because again even with shipping we saved hundreds.... Got rope for almost half the price as in Australia