This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Testing elements

Started by Burtchell345, September 29, 2013 · 5 Replies · 201 Views

Burtchell345

Hello all! I just purchased F1 last night, and I'm going through it. It is really amazing to see such a great amount of foundational movements I skipped over in the last few years of training. My question has probably been asked, answered, and become annoying, but when testing element mastery, do we submit a video or is that only on certain levels? For example, if I could perform mastery level Fl/PE1 and the mobility, do I submit a video proving it before going to 2? Or when I finish going through F1 with everything, do I submit something proving my completion before getting F2?

federicoC

Hi Robert, welcome. There is no need to have a formal proof. Claming mastery when this has not been achieved will only serve the purpose to slow you down. However, if you are unsure on whether your form matches the mastery requirements, you can record yourself. I personally do that and the purpose is two fold: i) to increase my self-awareness by iterating a record-debug-retry loop ii) to get feedback from people with way more experience than I.

Burtchell345

Thank you for the fast reply. I've been reading through and testing myself since I got F1 last night. At first, I was like some of these basics are well... Basic until now. Doing push-ups, for example, I always had my elbows flared out vs in, and I found that my triceps and shoulders were burning after 2 sets of 15.... Tucked hollow body holds we're making me shake and quake after 1 set of 60sec hold, and scapular shrugs just made me realize how much I flex at the elbows. So, I'm starting at square one week 5 for most exercises, mainly be a use volume of week 1-4 is very low for how much I'm used to training, but I look forward to it all! The mobility exercises are going to be a godsend! I'm already loving the hip swivel.

MarcinTrybalski

Welcome on the Foundation boat Robert :) I can only second federicoC`s answer. All the best for your journey of getting the best out of your body ;)

Burtchell345
MarcinTrybalski said:

Welcome on the Foundation boat Robert :) I can only second federicoC`s answer. All the best for your journey of getting the best out of your body ;)

Thank you! I'll be taking a video of me doing all the E1/E1-iM's today and tomorrow to make sure my form and tempo are good.

sufrbouy

Great advice. I think I need to enter a better feedback loop..