This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F7 PEs 1 Form check

Started by Eric Baum, September 28, 2013 · 9 Replies · 278 Views

Eric Baum

Hello,

 

As a lot of people here do, I´m sending some videos of myself doing all the first PEs in F1 in order to get some form check.

 

For all the exercises there, except SL PE1 ( as always ) I can do then with the mastery set.

 

So I just want to be sure that they are really mastered.

 

FL PE1 + im

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeTua48zAjk

 

SPl PE1 + im

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jijjLPafelE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8kQrhUEkt8

 

SL PE1

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvCDtpwR16A

 

MN PE1 + im

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69yir2x0p1E

 

HBP PE1 + im

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jORkIDSXI

 

RC PE1

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cQERYQH51c

 

SLS PE1 + im

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgTTiFfJu4Y

 

Regards,

Baum

 

Guest

FL: Good

 

sPL: Keep arms locked out at all times. As for mobility, both knees should touch the ground, whilst keeping the hips on the ground.

 

SL: Your thighs should be off the ground.

 

MN: At the end of each rep your feet should be resting on the ground, not in the air.

 

HBP: Good

 

RC: Good

 

SLS: Good

 

Also, sweet set up!

FredInChina

- Bent hollow hold is okay - point your toes and stop fiddling. iM is okay. Can you do 5 sets of 60 sec?

- There are only 9 scap shrugs - they look okay, but it is hard to see the shape of your body. Your swivel hips suck; your butt is elevated and your legs not far enough apart.

- ABH ROM looks okay for 8 seconds; at 12 you start to go down, at 16 you want to die... 24s is a max effort.

- Tuck ups are okay, but there are only 10 and the last ones are laborious - you are also losing balance on some reps. Leg opposite to the hand holding the weight MUST remain straight at all times during windmills - there are only 4 reps.

- You are arched and slightly piked during push ups - tuck your tail in. Your support is a tad high.

- Only 13 reps for the RCPE1

- Only 10 reps on the deck squats, and the skiers need more ROM.

 

Not all that bad, but I think you need to spend more time with most of these elements before moving ahead.

 

 

If you invest more time creating relationship on the forum, and commenting on other members videos, you'll probably get a better feedback from the community next time you post 8 videos out of the blue for review. :)

federicoC

I agree with the very thorough analysis Fred posted. Please focus on keeping your arms straight on the scapular shrugs. I'd also say you can spend, e.g. another minicycle, on these elements. What is your plan?

Eric Baum
FredInChina said:

- Bent hollow hold is okay - point your toes and stop fiddling. iM is okay. Can you do 5 sets of 60 sec?

- There are only 9 scap shrugs - they look okay, but it is hard to see the shape of your body. Your swivel hips suck; your butt is elevated and your legs not far enough apart.

- ABH ROM looks okay for 8 seconds; at 12 you start to go down, at 16 you want to die... 24s is a max effort.

- Tuck ups are okay, but there are only 10 and the last ones are laborious - you are also losing balance on some reps. Leg opposite to the hand holding the weight MUST remain straight at all times during windmills - there are only 4 reps.

- You are arched and slightly piked during push ups - tuck your tail in. Your support is a tad high.

- Only 13 reps for the RCPE1

- Only 10 reps on the deck squats, and the skiers need more ROM.

 

Not all that bad, but I think you need to spend more time with most of these elements before moving ahead.

 

 

If you invest more time creating relationship on the forum, and commenting on other members videos, you'll probably get a better feedback from the community next time you post 8 videos out of the blue for review. :)

 

Ok, thanks for the replys, lets go then.

 

First, about the number of reps on the sets. I wasnt really counting then perfectly. As it was just the deload week I decided to set up the camera and just do some reps to get feedback on the form.

 

About the fiddling on the Hold, its just easier distracting myself with other things than thinking on how long it will take to finish the serie.

Is it actually a problem as long as I keep the form? But yes, I cant do it 5 of 60s without much suffering.

 

For the scap shrug I tried doing a view like the one presented on the F1, next time I'll get a more "full body" angle.

 

Well, the swivel hips I didnt thought they were so horrible as you said... took me two months to get there, so I think there are some more on the run.

 

The arch body hold is gonna take a long time yet to mastery, thats a damn hard exercise, but its good to now that the initial ROM was good. I'll focus on keeping the exercise at that point.

 

For the HBP, that was the only support with a decent height I had for filming , so I went with that.

 

Well, the skiers I think I can go for more than what i showed there. I'll try it again.

 

 

And about the forum relation, I'm not much of a talker and just introduced myself here like a week ago.  You guys just write a lot and I can't keep up with all those posts. Let´s seen what I can do to get a bit more active around here.

 

Awarenesss said:

 

 

Also, sweet set up!

Thanks. I had some trouble to get the rings as they are right now. But it´s much better training with then at that heigth. I need to get my hands on some Stall bars now.

Eric Baum
federicoC said:

I agree with the very thorough analysis Fred posted. Please focus on keeping your arms straight on the scapular shrugs. I'd also say you can spend, e.g. another minicycle, on these elements. What is your plan?

Well. For some of this exercises I have already moved on last month but I decided to come back, get some videos and some better feedback.

 

My plan actually is like this:

 

FL = I'm moving to the PE3 as I've already done the Rocks as well. But I was waiting the reply on PE1 before filming the PE2. But it is smooth so I dont think its going to be a problem.

 

SPL = I'll redo the last month of the PE1. I could do the entire set but it was still a bit hard at the last series. And from the comments I got, my swivel hip is not good and my arms are not staying straigth all the time. So more reasons to redo it.

 

SL = Ill redo the second month because i suffered a lot with the 5 x 36s

 

MN = PE1 I considered mastered at my first try and I´m going to the third month of PE2. It's getting better ROM but still not good enough.

 

HBP = I'll redo the third month of PE2. I just couldn t finish trhe last week did 15,15,15,14,13. So not there yet.

 

SLS = I'll redo the third month of PE2 and put some focus at the skiers alone.

 

RC = After two months at PE1, i'm finally confortable to move to PE2. Still have to test mastery on it.

 

I think thats it, any thougts on this?

Joakim Anderson

Nothing to add to the other replies, but I'm looking forward to more videos of your progress!

Eric Baum
Joakim Anderson said:

Nothing to add to the other replies, but I'm looking forward to more videos of your progress!

Yeah, I also want to send the videos of the next parts of my progression, but I haven't found the time to film then  yet. Some days ago I sent a video of SLS PE2 in another topic.
 
Rigth now I have FL/PE2 mastered but I want to check if there wasnt any flaws on it, will film it soon.
 
I'm working well on SPL/PE2 and have to refilm the Swivel Hips of PE1 that was highly criticized on my last video.
 
I have to do a form check of MN/PE2 that is not mastered yet but any insights might come handy
 
SL/PE1 is still far from mastery, there is no point on refilming it rigth now.
 
HBP/PE2 will take 1 more month to master, when I finish it I'll send a form check.
 
RC/PE2 and SLS/PE3 are done, I'll record it when I remember do to so.
 
Other than those on F1 I also have to film form checks for H1 PE1 and PE2 IMs =]
Joakim Anderson

How is RC/PE3 coming along for you?

Eric Baum
Joakim Anderson said:

How is RC/PE3 coming along for you?

Pretty good I can say, I feel it as hard as PE1 is.

But i decided to spend a microcycle on it just to clean the movement, I was piking at some reps. Kind of a "bad habit" that came with PE1 =D