I have been training planche for about two years now and have made some progress, albeit slow progress.
Please critique my video and let me know if you have any suggestions that will help me improve faster.
Thanks,
Ben
Started by tri4ben, September 28, 2013 · 4 Replies · 3,213 Views
I have been training planche for about two years now and have made some progress, albeit slow progress.
Please critique my video and let me know if you have any suggestions that will help me improve faster.
Thanks,
Ben
Form looks pretty decent on the tuck planches. I would accumulate more time there. You are not ready for straddle yet looking at this video.
It may sound like a broken record but I still need to recommend that you look at the foundation series. I especially if you are having a lot of difficulty moving through the progressions.
Also, your planche leans do jot have enough of a lean and you are also piked at the hips. When you lean, don't do it on your toes, do it with the top of your feet resting on the ground. I'll find a picture later when I'm off my phone.
And I definitely second the foundation recommendation. Without meaning to sound rude, that is not enough progress for two years of work on a planche.
Vincearoo said:When you lean, don't do it on your toes, do it with the top of your feet resting on the ground. I'll find a picture later when I'm off my phone.
And I definitely second the foundation recommendation. Without meaning to sound rude, that is not enough progress for two years of work on a planche.
I could be wrong, but it looks like you are lifting into the tuck planche rather than leaning into it. Try starting with your toes on the floor and hands just in front of you, assume a hollow/protracted/tight body, and then lean forward until your feet naturally rise off of the floor. The lean will be much bigger and it'll be much harder to hold.