This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F7 warmup

Started by dan meiri, September 28, 2013 · 4 Replies · 227 Views

dan meiri
 

The Instructions indicate to do 2-3 easier exercises as a warmeup before each exercise I'm going to do. So by that logic shuold I do 14/21 warm-up sets? or am I wrong?

Riku Calderón

21/15/9, 21/15 or 15/9

But if you are in pe1 you dont have easier variations yet. So you can just shake it of a bit.

Edit! Dident get the poin that you were talking about sets there. My bad!

Jon Douglas

Depends how you want to approach it. You can put it together how you prefer.

 

I like putting it together like a little puzzle, separating the elements and picking one from each category. For eg) one set of a hollow hold, one of a hollow rock, then onto my work sets. Where there's overlap, you can collapse them together, and maintain multiple progressions in one regular warmup set.

 

I do, I guess, somewhere between 14-21 warmup sets in total. It doesn't take long. I could get away with less if I paid more attention to rotating through different element categories, but I prefer to have a fixed (somewhat flexible, but generally set) structure for a minicycle.

dan meiri

And thats only after I am past p.e 1 i guess?  so a few more weeks for me:)

Jon Douglas

On PE1 I didn't bother with a specific warmup. Maybe more accurate to say that I did them as a warmup for skill training.

Then I did PE1's for a warmup for PE2 work.

Then PE2 work as a warmup for PE3.

THEN I started looking at where I could collapse categories :)