L-Sit PB Low

Started by Noob, February 20, 2009 · 1 Replies · 2,385 Views

Noob

Hi all,

I am new to the world of gymnastics, and so I have been trying to work on the basic static strength exercises before i start anything a little mor complicated. I am having trouble progressing with the L-Sit on the PB. I can hold a L-Sit PB tuck for some time, but when I try to do the L-Sit PB low, I can't raise my legs very high at all, not even to 45 degrees. When I try to lift them higher, no amount of effort will allow me to. What is the reason for this? Is it purely abdominal strength that needs to be gained, or is it also strength in the legs? Are there any other exercises I can do in conjunction with this one in order to help me improve on this exercise.

Kind regards,

James

Blairbob

Weak hip flexors or weak abdominals. Possibly tight hamstrings. In my case, it's weak hip flexors as my hamstrings are not supremely loose but fairly loose and my midline strength is pretty good.

Check this drill for tight hamstrings: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitJournal_KellyHamstringAssessment.wmv

Practice hanging from a bar and doing a tuck extend to L. Can you do a leg lift hanging from a bar or lying the far easily? Can you do a V-hold like the top of a V-sit? If so, what is the angle of your hips?

It may be good to work hanging leg lifts or support leg lifts to strengthen your abs and hip flexors.