Hi guys,
I was just wondering if you need to stretch each side 30 sec or 15 sec on each side and 30sec in total
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by twan, September 25, 2013 · 11 Replies · 331 Views
Hi guys,
I was just wondering if you need to stretch each side 30 sec or 15 sec on each side and 30sec in total
30 on each side and back to the PE
Ok, thanks
I'm having trouble with this one due to not having stall bars, I use a dowel held in a doorway but it keeps slipping, there's nothing of quite the right height in my room, is there a way this can be adapted so I can do it on my knees or anybody else got a bright idea?
I'm also having to perform PE2 as a bent over row with weight, any pointers as to how much weight/form that I should use?
Cheers
as for the iM: I've done iM1, by opening my door and holding onto one doorknob and as soon as the switch comes, i hold onto it with my other arm. in your case, i'd film to check the form because what i'm smelling is the "feeling" of going into full flexion and bending at the waist, which can be a little challenging if you dont have the hip mobility.
keep doing the same OR look for something around belly button height, that you can hook your hands over or under (like a sink, a counter or even a door frame)
I only have experience with using a door/door frame: stand between the door and hook your hands to the door frame, fold over, and bend to stretch your arm like the athlete demonstrates but having your hand hooked on the doorframe as the support. when one arm is done, just re-adjust, hold onto the frame and repeat.
if you're doing it with a dowel, i'd just film it and get some pointers to see how you can avoid having the dowel being slipping around, that means you're not holding it steady, either by being too high or some other reason.
KeilaniG said:30 on each side and back to the PE
Thank you for this. I made the mistake today during RC/PE1-iM of only doing 15s each side.
Burtchell345 said:Thank you for this. I made the mistake today during RC/PE1-iM of only doing 15s each side.
it happens! as long as you don't go and test for mastery and making it that much harder on you, the extra 30secs of rest might just be what you needed ![]()
spinelli said:I'm having trouble with this one due to not having stall bars, I use a dowel held in a doorway but it keeps slipping, there's nothing of quite the right height in my room, is there a way this can be adapted so I can do it on my knees or anybody else got a bright idea?
I'm also having to perform PE2 as a bent over row with weight, any pointers as to how much weight/form that I should use?
Cheers
Use a table:
- Hang under it for your rows.
- Hang on the side for your lat stretch
Sorted! ![]()
hmm, I don't have a table that's high enough but I have a ladder which I can place between my sofa and some shelves and then use the shelves for the stretch... yeah my current setup sucks
You can try using a door: hold onto the doornob with the hand of the lat that's being stretched, and push on the door/wall with the other hand.
slightly different question, does anyone know? Should you feel the stretch on the shoulder you are leaning towards, or the shoulder you are leaning away? Depending on how I place my weight it changes...