This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

5dayhssplit - manna once a week

Started by goswser, September 25, 2013 · 7 Replies · 194 Views

goswser

Hello. I'm new to F1 and H1 and I am doing the 5dayHSsplit and noticed the Manna element is only done once a week, and it's actually the one I have the most trouble with, especially with the flexibility part of it.

The Tuck ups are fine mobility wise I think (started from week 5 to get some ab work done), but looking at (also tested) the straddle up, I am no where near to close being able to do it with proper form.

 

Should I keep stretching - suggested in other Mn/PE2 threads - or can I change the Thursday sPL (scapula shrug done 4 times a week) for another Manna element?

 

Or is there some reason the manna element is just done once a week?

 

Thank you

Keilani Gutierrez

If you're doing the 5 day hs split, you should be doing Mn,Sl, SLS on your handstand days.

On that template, every tuesday and thursday(which is when you do handstands) should be when you work manna progressions :)

goswser

My workout plan says otherwise when I'm viewing it. I thought so too I would do it two times a week but the program doesn't list it that way.

 

Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun

 

Fl      SL    FL    SL    FL

sPL   Mn   sPL  sPL  sPL

HBP  sls   hbp   sls  hbp

rc      hs     rc     hs   rc

 

The Manna element is not listed somewhere else except tuesday. 

Geoff

I think the fourth column should be the same as the second column.

gohei_
Geoff said:

I think the fourth column should be the same as the second column.

Yup, something is wrong there.

Bipocni

You shouldn't have sPL 3 days in a row...

Keilani Gutierrez
goswser said:

My workout plan says otherwise when I'm viewing it. I thought so too I would do it two times a week but the program doesn't list it that way.

 

Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun

 

Fl      SL    FL    SL    FL

sPL   Mn   sPL  sPL  sPL

HBP  sls   hbp   sls  hbp

rc      hs     rc     hs   rc

 

The Manna element is not listed somewhere else except tuesday. 

just ignore it and duplicate the workout done on tuesday, or send a PM to Cory Fair, so he's aware that the scheduler is doing that

Cory Fair

Fixed