This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My workout

Started by XtremeAce, February 23, 2008 · 4 Replies · 1,151 Views

XtremeAce

Hi, I want to achieve a number of skills for the this year so finally got round to making a workout log to help my achieve my goals.

I want to get planche pushups, front lever pullups, one arm chinups, dragon flags and HSPU's on rings.

So I alternate between 2 workouts, swapping between workouts from one day to the next so my muscles get a day of rest.

Workout A

D Flag - ice cream makers or 313 tempo hanging leg lifts

OAC- chinups/pullups with 20kg

Workout B

HSPU - HSPU's on PU bars (only can do 2 or 3 but 10 on floor)

Planche - ring dips with palms out

I've been a workout like this since the start of january, making revisions to it every once in a while. I do these GTG style, not working them to failure and about 4-8 times a day. So far I progressed from a negative handstand pushup on the floor to 3 full ROM HSPU's, 6 pullups with 10kg to 4 with 20kg, 28 sec tuck planche to 34 sec :oops: and not being able to do an L sit to doing it for almost 30 secs.

ce cream makers are like this

I can do tuck planches for 30 seconds but I've been at that for a few months now so I wanted to focus more on the dynamic motion of it and go straight into planche pushups like that guy JIsaiahE on youtube

I started with tuck planche pushups and did about 10 of those last time i tried so I wanted to up the difficulty. I started ring dips and progressed to palms out after a while - really can feel it in the chest!

I can hold a front lever for a second or 2 with no training for it so I am training ice cream makers so I can get a more consistent hold. Wish I had as much progress with the planche :(

Also I try holding handstand for a total of 60 secs a day, and 20 finger pushups but I'm not sure if that affects my training.

Currently I am stagnant with my progress in HSPUs, OAC and planche hold, most worried about the planche. I have trouble with extending the back out to the advanced tuck, can only hold it for barely a second. Is there anything else I can do to help my strengthen the right muscles to strengthen my planche?

roman

Planche leans are awesome! Basically leaning forward as much as you can (preferably on a pair of parallettes) and holding for time. I found that a combination of planche leans, tuck planche work, and planche push ups helps build the appropriate strength very fast. Also if you have rings, I would suggest trying planche push-ups on them, which is definitely much harder.

Generally speaking you need to alter your workouts, and change things up a bit every 4-8 weeks approximately, otherwise your strength gains will stagnate and your progress will stop.

I wrote a post about this a while ago on my training log... maybe this will help:

http://www.powerathletesmag.com/wforum/ ... =8354#8354

Paul

Another thing you can try is lowering into the tuck or advanced tuck planche from a handstand. It's a lot easier to lower into and hold the planche positions than it is to try and raise up into them. Get someone to spot you into the position if your handstands aren't solid.

Some other stuff like pike press to handstand and slowly lower back down are good also. Get or make a pair of parallettes if you don't already have any. Good thick handles give you something to really grip onto which all helps to increase the tension needed.

p.s. good to see you here Roman. :)

Paul.

roman
Paul said:
p.s. good to see you here Roman. :)

Paul.

haha.. Same here Paul. :) How's your training going??

Paul
roman said:
Paul said:
p.s. good to see you here Roman. :)

Paul.

haha.. Same here Paul. :) How's your training going??

Very well but that will be for my own log when I eventually get around to it. :wink:

Paul.