This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche lean cues

Started by LateStarter@46, September 25, 2013 · 5 Replies · 240 Views

LateStarter@46

Hello,

 

I am on the planche leans, whey hey!  :)

 

My question is 'what am I meant to be feeling during the hold'? At the moment I'm leaning to just before the point of unbalancing and am only feeling a lot of pressure in the hands (thumbs and first fingers).

 

p.s I am making sure I am strongly protracted, only slightly piked, and have an actively tensed core (front and back).

 

Thanks for any tips/ advice/ cues.

 

LS@46

 

Bipocni

"The point of unbalancing" is a little bit vague when talking about planche leans.  As you get stronger, you can lean further forward without unbalancing.  Where is the front of your contact point with the ground (the part of your hands the weight is on) in relation to your hips?

LateStarter@46

My contact point is a wee bit more than half way down from my shoulders to my hips. At the moment I feel as though it's only when my thumbs and fingers are stronger that I'll be able to lean more  :wacko:

Joshua Slocum

You're using your fingers to make it easier for your shoulders. Try to push the heel of your hand into the ground; this will take weight off of your fingers and engage your shoulders more. 

LateStarter@46

Thank you Joshua, great tip. I knew I wasn't feeling it in the right place. Back to work on it now.

Adriano Augusto

Don't  forget the traps activation by pushing the floor, you've to feel something "engaged" there aswell.

 

Coach always says that planche work is tremendously based on strong traps, and the more I do planche leans the more I feel this connection.