Inverted Hang and Hollow Body Position Question

Started by Antranik, September 25, 2013 · 3 Replies · 4,021 Views

Antranik

The inverted hang is supposed to be in the hollow body position, right?

 

So is my upper back supposed to be rounded in either the Hollow body or inverted hang with the shoulders protracting?  Or are the scapulae supposed to be retracting?

 

And if I want to practice holding an inverted hang cleanly for 60 seconds, should I be doing it with a flat upper back or in an arched position (like a reverse hollow hold) ?

 

This is something SO simple but I just want to really get the basics down.  I've been practicing FL and retracting my scapulae but I've always had a rounded back in my inverted hang so I think my foundation is off and I need correction.

Keilani Gutierrez

If you look for Zach Armijo's content, he explains some nice pointers for Front Lever.

For further insight, if you purchase Foundation, you'll have access to the F forum and read about the progressions and the proper way to do them :)

Yaad Mohammad
Antranik said:

The inverted hang is supposed to be in the hollow body position, right?

So is my upper back supposed to be rounded in either the Hollow body or inverted hang with the shoulders protracting? Or are the scapulae supposed to be retracting?

And if I want to practice holding an inverted hang cleanly for 60 seconds, should I be doing it with a flat upper back or in an arched position (like a reverse hollow hold) ?

This is something SO simple but I just want to really get the basics down. I've been practicing FL and retracting my scapulae but I've always had a rounded back in my inverted hang so I think my foundation is off and I need correction.

The inverted hang should be performed with slightly protracted scapula, not too much like in the planche. As soon as you go to the front lever you have to retract you scapula to neutralize the scapula positioning and then lower to the front lever. So in a front lever you don't want to be completely retracted, you want to be neutral.

Antranik
Yaad Mohammad said:

The inverted hang should be performed with slightly protracted scapula, not too much like in the planche. As soon as you go to the front lever you have to retract you scapula to neutralize the scapula positioning and then lower to the front lever. So in a front lever you don't want to be completely retracted, you want to be neutral.

Thank you! This was the perfect explanation I needed.