This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Change in Moderation Duties

Started by Cory Fair, September 24, 2013 · 6 Replies · 45 Views

Cory Fair

It seems as though we are becoming a target for troll and spam posts. In the interim while we design more effective means of dealing with this, for the time being moderators will have the authority to approve new posts only in the Community and Graduate Study forums rather than the entire board. 

 

Thanks for your patience, guys.

Joshua Slocum

Can you elaborate a bit, please? I'm not sure what you mean. I thought approving posts was something only community managers were supposed to do. 

 

Specifically, what do you mean by "moderators will be over the Community and Graduate Study forums" ?

Coach Sommer

My apologies, I edited Cory's first post to be more clear.  

 

Moderators duties remain the same except in regards to the first 10 post approvals for new forum members.  For the time being moderators will only be able to approve those posts in the graduate studies and community sections of the forum until we decide on the correct policies for dealing with the recent influx of spammers/trolls while simultaneously maintaining the quality of the forum.

 

The joys of growth.  :)

Jon Douglas

Gotcha. I know I'm guilty of approving the first few new member posts and giving the benefit of the doubt. Will dial it back.

Joshua Slocum
Coach Sommer said:

My apologies, I edited Cory's first post to be more clear.  

 

Moderators duties remain the same except in regards to the first 10 post approvals for new forum members.  For the time being moderators will only be able to approve those posts in the graduate studies and community sections of the forum until we decide on the correct policies for dealing with the recent influx of spammers/trolls while simultaneously maintaining the quality of the forum.

 

The joys of growth.   :)

So to be clear - we should approve new member posts in the community and graduate studies forums, provided they appear to be legitimate posts?

Coach Sommer

Yes.  Admin and community managers will approve the new posts in the other sections of the forum as required (this only only applies to a new forum members first 10 posts).

 

Otherwise it is moderator business as usual.

Mats Trane

Got it.