This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Back in the groove!

Started by Somalie, September 23, 2013 · 8 Replies · 173 Views

Somalie

Hey guys been a while sense I've posted... Long story short, girl problems lead to lack of enthusiasm in exercise... Luckily I stayed 80% true to my paleo/ primal diet and was able to maintain my weight and body fat percentage loss from my previous session.

A great new friend has pushed me to be more than just a thinker but a doer! And I in turn have pushed her to be better as well.

I'm pushing myself hard this time guys and I am feeling great and seeing success...

My Current Stats (as of Monday, Sept 16th 2013)

148 lbs @ 13.72% Body Fat

This is down from 150 lbs (+|-) 0.5 lbs @ 15.54% Body Fat

My current nutrition plan:

1800-2000 kcal (upped from 1600)

135-145 grams protein

90-100 grams carbs

90-100 grams fat

My workout schedule...

2 weeks of F7 PE1 all around MWF w/o H1 work all at beginning ( i.e. 3x12s)

Tues. and Thurs. 60 minutes Yoga. And 1-2 mile jog along the strand... Focusing on my breathing.

I would always warm up with 5-10 minutes of jump rope but I've broken all 4 weighted jump ropes I owned. Lol! Now I simply do some random jumping around and get the blood flowing.

I am now on the second week of PE1 work and my workout went great feeling even better than before.

Been taking supplementation as well...

Morning w/ or after breakfast 5 on 2 off

Ginko

Ginseng

Zinc

Garlic Oil

L-Arginine

CLA

Cellfood

L-Leucine

L-Valine

L-Isoleucine

L-Glutamine

ISatori PWR 15 minutes prior to workouts on workout days only!

All supplements were recommended to me by my brother... Who is a powerlifter, and has done some countless research... I trust his judgement highly.

I've got 11 more weeks to transform my body and reach my Aesthetic goals... Not worried about strength and endurance as I know those will come with it.

Back in the groove!

Bipocni

First of all don't use weighted jump ropes.  Use a fast rope and develop some better footwork.  It will be far more beneficial in the long run, and you can pick up some impressive tricks while you're at it.  I have a metal rope that I use, but it throws my timing off a lot and getting whipped with metal isn't fun.  Remember to wear shoes!

 

You need some EPA/DHA and some co-enzyme Q10 with your supplements as well.  Also you have no creatine.  All these are good for feeding your mitochondria and providing them with the fuel they need to do their thing.  I've also heard calcium is the fuel your muscles use when they contract, so make sure you're getting enough of that.

 

Are you not doing the level tests for F1?

Somalie

Thanks for the reply Bipocni... I'll add in those supplements as well as a multivitamin.

No level test have been done... I just assess the way I feel and move on from that point. I push myself to achieve the goal... A little pain is fine but I know when to stop and rest.

As for the jump ropes I also broke two non waited jump ropes as well... I wear my vibram five fingers when doing so.

Just to add my breathing is terrible due to having a deviated septum... I focus on breathing into my belly, in through my nose and out my mouth. But I struggle hard, it's like an Achilles heel for me... Always more prominent in my jogging routine.

My goal is to attain 150 lbs at 7-9 % body fat in the long run... These next 11 weeks will be primarily focused on fat loss and slight muscle gain... If it turns out better than anticipated, I won't argue with results.

Also I'm 5'4"

Keilani Gutierrez

something to note on body recomposition, depending on you, you will respond differently to different Macro ratios. 

 

I get a bit chunky on 65% carbs but feel pretty excellent on 45%...now as for high volume work, more carbs will do it for me! 

 

so depending on where you are on your F-H series journey, you will call for different types of fuels. 

 

the vehicle(your body) will perform based on the fuel and the performance you're doing, so as long as you stay consistent with your foundational work and master the progressions, you will progressively lay the proper framework, metabolically and performance wise to reach your "aesthetic" goal. don't just let the "look" get in the way of it actually doing the work that gets you the look :) 

 

form will follow function, as nature seems to be pointing out :P

Anders Alexandersson

I'm not an expert but I would focus on real food, not on supplements, for nutrition. Also, your carb intake of 100g is <33% of total which is way too little; it should be 45-65% as Keilani hinted at.

Somalie

Thanks for the tip Anders... I am a huge whole real foods advocate, supplements do just that supplement... As for carbs, I rarely eat much during my foundation days and mostly stick to carb loading on my yoga/ jog days... Oddly enough I found this to be the case naturally and not by some exacting science or calculation.

Keilani Gutierrez
Somalie said:

Thanks for the tip Anders... I am a huge whole real foods advocate, supplements do just that supplement... As for carbs, I rarely eat much during my foundation days and mostly stick to carb loading on my yoga/ jog days... Oddly enough I found this to be the case naturally and not by some exacting science or calculation.

that's you listening to your body :) 

 

if you have a chance to give Dr. Bernadots "Advanced sports nutrition" a read, you'll find yourself finding some cool ways to use your food to better serve you. it's seriously helped me a lot. like a lot, a lot.

Somalie

Wow guys thanks for the recommendation... That definitely seems to challenge my current perspective on nutrition... Granted grains and legumes are still out for me... I'll look more into the carb increasing. Thanks again guys!