This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Parallel bars Vs Rings...

Started by panton82, September 23, 2013 · 2 Replies · 168 Views

panton82

Hello everyone in this warm, helpful and wonderful community!

Now that i am progressing in Foundation1 and due to my working out exclusively at home i was wondering about the following:

I bought a set of Stallbars (due to their necessity in various PEs and IMs) but i can't afford to buy a set of parallel bars...Nonetheless i do have a set of rings. So, can i substitute parallel bars in HBP/PE5 and HBP/PE6 with rings; Are parallel bars necessary in other progressions in Foundation 2;

Thanks in advance....

 

federicoC

Replacing parallel bars with rings in F1 is not straightforward. Dips on the rings require substantially more stability and I assume are not part of F1 by purpose. However, for all F1 work I saw I think you can easily make use of two chairs. Those you certainly have at home and will be a quite reasonable surrogate of PBs.

Bipocni

Ring dips don't show up in F2 until right at the end, long past some ridiculously hard dips.  So no, they don't make a good substitute.  If you need to sub them in, add a mastery check for ring pushups and ring turned out pushups as well.

 

Pbars will be necessary in F2.